Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - girls burn brighter [Moira]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

“Maybe you were out wandering again.” He smiles with brown eyes that crinkle just so, looking at her like that. He is too old for her, she knows it even as she speaks her next words, but they have just met and she has never seen a man with such dark eyes as his. “Maybe that’s for me to know and for you to never find out.” She teases him because she is young, foolish, and in love with her own blissful ignorance and naivety. And she was raised on stories of her parents and love at first sight. “I’ve never found enough interest in anyone to want to stay anywhere, except maybe you, little Elena.” He says and he walks her home as their once upon a time begins in graceful writing against storybook pages. Pages Elena once cherished, but ripped it apart all the same.

She stands here, about to repeat the same mistakes, and to make some new ones. She has no way of knowing his. Maybe if she had, she would have just stayed with Moira in these mountains. Forever and ever and ever.

It might have brought her peace, happiness, joy.
She will never know.
They will never know.

Right now all she thinks is that all she needs is Moira. This will not be the last time she thinks it, even if it is the first. And beside her everything is simple. Elena will crave this simplicity with Moira, built on glitter and delight. Who knew simple things could be so beautiful? It was no secret to Elena, in truth. Did she not see that peaceful life so out of reach under a Hyaline sky once?

You wanted to be found.

“I did,” she says and it takes all she has to not fall apart inside her arms, but this is not Lilli, and Elena holds herself together, for this stranger, because it feels kinder to do so than to crumble like a toppling cliff side that Elena so loves to dance upon. Elena loves her smile, and ultimately, this is what will keep her from shedding a tear when they part ways. “I can burn for the both us,” she tells her, a promise, because if anyone should have Elena’s promises, it is her, it is her. “Until you can spark a light for yourself.”

Elena buries herself into Moira’s side for a moment before she knows the mare will slip away from her. “I will look for you tonight—dont let me look too hard,” she says and laughs (oh that feels so wonderful, it feels like magic.) “Goodnight,” she says, and she waits until she is out of sight before Elena turns to Dusk, where Moira and her dreams await her.

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Moira <3

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
girls burn brighter [Moira] - by Elena - 04-30-2020, 09:50 PM
RE: girls burn brighter [Moira] - by Moira - 05-05-2020, 10:18 AM
RE: girls burn brighter [Moira] - by Elena - 05-09-2020, 12:44 PM
RE: girls burn brighter [Moira] - by Moira - 05-21-2020, 01:38 AM