Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Strangers in a strange land

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mephisto

Mephisto
dusk court warrior

T
here was an ease to Aoife’s presence, which Mephisto appreciated.  She liked the candor of the mare, and was even charmed by the way she seemed to fluster over answers.  It was refreshing that the painted mare didn’t feel entirely comfortable talking about herself.  This meant, at least in the warg’s mind, that she was a humble sort of creature.  The Pegasus didn’t have much respect for those who were boastful – they tired her with their preening and constant self-adulation.  Instead, Mephisto preferred the quieter and more reflected individuals she’d met.  For in humbleness, there can be found a willingness to embrace change and learning.  Adaptation was key in finding peace in one’s life.

They stop in the shadow of the citadel, and Mephisto is once more taken by the grandeur of this place.  There were times when the mare would wonder, how such structures must have been built in the field of nothing, facing the west in testament to the dying sun.  She would be lying if she admitted she wasn’t impressed, but still, the bustle of city life was not one which suited her well.  Instead, Mephisto would have been much more comfortable in the shadows of the trees, the brackish waters of the swamp, or even the tall and lush grasses of the fields.  Still, today they had a purpose in coming to this place.  The two needed to make introductions, so as not to be seen as outsiders to Terrestella.

It didn’t take long for Marisol’s council to approach, and Mephisto’s cerulean eyes focused on the approaching kelpie with little more than quiet curiosity.  Anandi was as much a stranger to her as anyone else here, for even though Mephisto had come to this place some time ago, she had only really seen the Halcyon barracks and the king.  So much had changed since then, and she hadn’t even a notion of what she’d missed.  Still, Mephisto finds a slight sense of relief that it isn’t Marisol who greets them, unknowing of how the queen would treat her absence.  Would they believe her a deserter, or would they be willing to listen to her strange and wildly confusing circumstances?  Only time would tell.

“Anandi,” she lets the name roll off the tongue with a lilting sort of tone.  “Well met.  My companion and I have traveled from the swamplands.  She is new to this place… and I… well, I haven’t been around much either.”  Simpler to leave the circumstances be for now.  “I am Mephisto.  We have come so my friend can offer her services to Terrestella.”

Mephisto | "speaks" | @Aoife, @Marisol, @Israfel, @Anandi
rallidae

Messages In This Thread
Strangers in a strange land - by Mephisto - 05-01-2020, 02:02 PM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Aoife - 05-08-2020, 07:00 AM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Anandi - 05-13-2020, 02:06 PM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Mephisto - 05-16-2020, 03:42 AM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Aoife - 05-17-2020, 11:14 PM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Anandi - 05-24-2020, 11:14 AM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Mephisto - 05-26-2020, 05:17 AM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Aoife - 06-22-2020, 06:07 AM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Anandi - 07-04-2020, 11:44 PM