Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Strangers in a strange land

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mephisto

Mephisto
dusk court warrior

M
ephisto knows the questions are directed at her friend, but it would be helpful, she decided, to make her own responses to the emissary.  Having met very few in her short time here, the warg knew it was time to branch out from the comfort of her solitude, if she were ever to make this place a true home.  It had been too long since she’d had a place to call hers, and as she thinks back to the broken land she’d grown to love in the Riftlands, a pang of sadness wraps around her heart.  

War was never pretty, but seeing the blood against the snow of her home was enough to steal away her breath.  Since the war, she hadn’t ever felt at home.  Not until now, she decided, taking the resolve to move forward.

“I took an oath to the Halcyon – before Marisol became the queen... and I shall remain loyal to that oath for as long as she will have me.”  How long that was, exactly, remained to be seen… but Mephisto knew she had something more to offer to the warrior queen now.  In time, she’d grown to understand hew new talents more, and she’d begun to see them as an advantage, when spun in a certain light. With time, she would learn to hone her craft.  With time, and with patience.

“Before coming to Terrestella, I came from a land known as the Winter Court.”  It seemed a lifetime ago now – a lifetime since she’d spoken the name aloud.  Asterion had been a remnant of that life, a memory of the father who’d been so instrumental in her life.  Gabriel held her alliance, always.  

She notes the subtle amusement which Anandi expresses at the swamp, and offers a half smile in return.  “Though I must admit… the most interesting of things can be found in the swamp – it’s worth exploring.”  Not the least of these interesting things was Mephisto herself.  For in the last several months, the warg had hidden away in the shadows of the bayou, while honing her craft and learning more about it’s strange ways.

In the darkness and the brackish waters, she was able to hide away unseen, ignored by all by the occasional healer and the heron who seemed to find Tinea’s newest occupant most-interesting.  Still, it was good to be back in the land of the living, finding her way once more in the strange new world that was the Court.

Mephisto | "speaks" | @Aoife, @Anandi
rallidae

Messages In This Thread
Strangers in a strange land - by Mephisto - 05-01-2020, 02:02 PM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Aoife - 05-08-2020, 07:00 AM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Anandi - 05-13-2020, 02:06 PM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Mephisto - 05-16-2020, 03:42 AM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Aoife - 05-17-2020, 11:14 PM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Anandi - 05-24-2020, 11:14 AM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Mephisto - 05-26-2020, 05:17 AM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Aoife - 06-22-2020, 06:07 AM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Anandi - 07-04-2020, 11:44 PM