Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Strangers in a strange land

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mephisto

Mephisto
dusk court warrior

T
here was an easiness between the three mares which brought a sense of relaxed peace over Mephisto.  She manages even a smile as she listens to the small mare ask about fighting, nodding approvingly to Anandi’s reply.  It was good, she decided, that the Emissary welcomed the newcomer with a suggestion of helpfulness instead of a scoff.  This was what drew her to Terrestella in the first place – the acceptance and the openness of its people.  Without question, Asterion had welcomed her here, what seemed like forever-ago now.  So too, she would repay the favor to those who came to this land in the future.

Her thoughts drift back to the swamp as the kelpie mentions its mysterious flower.  “Every ten years?  I’ve never heard of such a thing…”  Her incredulous murmur holds a sense of appreciation, even as she wonders aloud, “Is it a coveted thing?  Perhaps it offers healing properties or some benefit that the smell masks?”  It was curious thing to wonder about, though Mephisto wasn’t sure that she would ever be lucky (or unlucky?) enough to witness the blooming with her own eyes.  Still, she filed the bit of information away with all the rest, continually learning about this place she called home now, continually surprised by things which had yet to be discovered.

As the two engage in discussions about rank, the dark mare gazes toward the sea, her mind wandering to the battalion she’d left behind.  Would they wonder where she went?  Would they offer a welcome to her routine?  Marisol hadn’t thrown her out, so that was something… but how would those she trained beside handle the news of her new power?

Mephisto shakes away the thoughts, catching the last bit of Anandi’s question as she offers a soft and appreciative smile.  “I actually need to attend to something at the barracks,” she offered quietly, nodding to Aoife with reassurance.   “It seems you’re in good hands now – but you know where to find me.”  With that, the dark Pegasus turns away to leave the two to their exploring.   “Thank you, and I look forward to catching up again soon,” Mephisto offers, before swallowing her self doubt and beginning the long walk toward the Halcyon barracks once more.

Mephisto | "speaks" | @Aoife, @Anandi
rallidae

ooc: digging out and catching up, so I thought I'd wrap this one up -- but feel free to start another thread when you'd like <3

Messages In This Thread
Strangers in a strange land - by Mephisto - 05-01-2020, 02:02 PM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Aoife - 05-08-2020, 07:00 AM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Anandi - 05-13-2020, 02:06 PM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Mephisto - 05-16-2020, 03:42 AM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Aoife - 05-17-2020, 11:14 PM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Anandi - 05-24-2020, 11:14 AM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Mephisto - 05-26-2020, 05:17 AM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Aoife - 06-22-2020, 06:07 AM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Anandi - 07-04-2020, 11:44 PM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Mephisto - 07-12-2020, 02:18 PM
RE: Strangers in a strange land - by Aoife - 08-07-2020, 11:46 PM