Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - you eat us up;

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Al'Zahra

The Illuminated

“both beauty and terror, without beginning, without end.”

The hole where her magic (her fire) had once been has no bottom, no end, no beginning. It is a consuming blackness, a hunger, a need to pull apart each soul she meets silver thread by silver thread. She is more want than girl, more lust than dance, more everything than a god.

What lives in her is an echo in his eyes, a black sliver beneath his moonlight. She can see it, like looking at the shard of a mirror she shattered last night when the feelings exploded out of her and soothed nothing. They only consumed.

They always consume, and consume, and consume and there is still more of this world to taste.

And she thinks there are a hundred other worlds and a hundred other men like him, and woman like Morrighan, to taste and touch and destroy. She does not pause to wonder if it will soothe her, or free her.

She only knows that she will. Over and over again until there is not a single whole heart left in his world. And maybe then, maybe the mortals would have nightmares of all the things they have destroyed with greed. Maybe they might understand the suffering, the ache, the need that there is nothing left to own in the world.

She does not question what he was looking for.

She drags her teeth along this neck, his ears, the hollows above his eyes. The touch promises so much more that her words when she whispers to him lip to lip. “I want the embers of a dead world. I want wolves and battlefields. I want music that is louder than thunder. I want everything and if I could I would change the entire world to suit me.” And when she exhales directly into his lungs she's not talking to the man decked in gold and silver.

It's the restless soul she wants, the heart that's broken but not shattered. Her lungs sing to his and her heart howls to his like a wolf calling another wolf home, home, home.

“Tell me the name of the ship you sailed on and maybe I can find all the things you could not.” She pulls away, her lungs inhale the dirty air instead of him, her heart stumbles in her chest. She does not touch him in any other way than her rib-cage to his.

Cage to cage.

And she waits.

art credit

@August

Messages In This Thread
you eat us up; - by August - 05-26-2020, 07:54 PM
RE: you eat us up; - by Al'Zahra - 05-29-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: you eat us up; - by August - 06-15-2020, 11:04 AM
RE: you eat us up; - by Al'Zahra - 07-01-2020, 03:02 PM
RE: you eat us up; - by August - 07-16-2020, 10:40 AM
RE: you eat us up; - by Al'Zahra - 08-03-2020, 07:14 PM
RE: you eat us up; - by August - 08-13-2020, 11:18 PM