Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - nails for breakfast, tacks for snacks

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

Time had gone by, as it always does, seeking permission from none and caring little as to who it affects in the process. The sun rises, and Elena lives for the moment that it sits in the sky of blue, bright and unrelenting, it is a promise that things are still bright and beautiful. But then it falls moon take its place, only reminding her of night and that man of shadows. The stars though, they stand there too with a softer glow and a kind smile, and she remembers them too, fondly.

Elena was no longer a long legged youth, running on awkward limbs with and insecurity about who she was and where she belonged. (Terrastella has given her this, Dusk has provided her this.) She is not tired of life, she has not grown weary, but there is still a weight that aches on her bones. She tries to ignore what has followed her here, from Windskeep to beyond to Hyaline to Novus, but it is not so easy when her legs shake and her breathing grows hard. Sometimes she likes to pretend that she has always been here, that Elena before Terrastella never existed, but the bruises on her heart tell another story.

She is looking for Moira. At least this is what she tells herself. Tells herself that she is not trying to find a shadow boy who shattered her heart like snow globes across the glass. Elena wishes the man of stars would appear, but she doubts if she would find him here in the city. There is a restlessness inside her, and that is why she is here when Night should be the last place she comes to.

Instead, she finds a girl.
A girl who was also not looking for love.

They do make such an unfortunate pair.

Silver blue eyes turn to the woman making a disturbance, and though her empathy reels against it, she moves towards her. She is yelling at two children who perhaps had been at the wrong place at the wrong time. She can feel anger leaping within her, causing her teeth to clench and her muscles to twitch, though it is immediately followed with the fear, no doubt from the children as the woman suddenly unleashes her fire against the unsuspecting night court youths. Elena steps back with wide eyes and a terrified facial expression. She had never been afraid of flames, but the children’s fear becomes her own.

The woman’s anger, frustration, whatever it truly was, regardless, was strong enough to fuel itself back into Elena. Her boldness marches her forward, but it is Elena’s own bravery (or stupidity) that keeps her rooted to the spot, even as the fire wielded turns to face her. “You’re the one making the commotion,” she snaps back at her with bitterness that did not belong in her mouth, but that within her newfound companion. Elena has only borrowed it for a moment before she hastily attempts to return it, stuttering out her next words. “Sorry, sorry,” she says shaking her heads, blue eyes glancing down apologetically. “I don't know why I said that,” she offers uselessly. “Please, is there something I can help you with?”

You cant see it, but there is a tiny white flag waving amongst the flames in gregarious surrender.

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Morrighan

Elena is cancelled, byeeeee

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
nails for breakfast, tacks for snacks - by Morrighan - 05-29-2020, 11:17 PM
RE: nails for breakfast, tacks for snacks - by Elena - 06-04-2020, 08:11 PM
RE: nails for breakfast, tacks for snacks - by Morrighan - 06-14-2020, 09:34 PM