Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - gateway to the sea - far, far from home

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jes [PM] Posts: 9 — Threads: 3
Signos: 250
Inactive Character

There was a strange bite lingering on the breeze as the jet black mare made her way southward. The abrasive scent of salt was foreign to the young desert dweller. Barely out of her foal-hood and already she wandered a strange land, far from those she had once known. The wandering wasn't new to her, she had been born to a nomadic people who never did stay in one place too long. It was tiresome however to never had a solid home. Some might say home is wherever those closest to you resided, but that was a bunch of hogwash in her opinion. She had longed for someplace she could sit still and wake up each morning looking at the same sunrise. That's probably what had brought her here despite not even knowing where "here" was. To say rumors of a strange magical land and the promise of a new home had lead her there would have been a lie. Truth was Regina had simply ended up there by complete and utter happenstance. Some would call it fate, others dumb luck, she was too busy being distracted by the strange yet oddly pleasant sensation that lead her forward. 

Forward she moved, eventually her delicate ears beginning to pick up a sound to go with the smell. It was a far off, faint crashing at first but as she continued to move forward soon it could only be described as a mighty roar. Emerald eyes grew wide with a mixture of awe and fear when she finally came to stop at the edge of the rocky cliffs. "What is this strange, strange oasis? It looks like it goes on forever!" She'd never seen an ocean before, never even stopped to consider there'd be a massive body of water somewhere so full of salt that one couldn't even drink it. Head held high as she squinted in an attempt to see the other side she stood there in utterly stunned silence. It was both breathtaking and terrifying all in the same instant. 

((Sorry, this is one of my first rp posts in a long, long time. They'll get better I promise! I just wanted to introduce her before I need to go make dinner. Anyone/everyone welcome!))

Messages In This Thread
gateway to the sea - far, far from home - by Regina - 06-03-2020, 07:05 PM
RE: gateway to the sea - far, far from home - by Caspian - 06-04-2020, 02:53 PM
RE: gateway to the sea - far, far from home - by Caspian - 06-06-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: gateway to the sea - far, far from home - by Caspian - 06-09-2020, 11:08 AM
RE: gateway to the sea - far, far from home - by Caspian - 06-18-2020, 07:37 PM