Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - she burns [autumn]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

Girls like Elena- sunshine born orphans, flowers in their hair—they love the light too, even when they have known darkness, maybe that is why Elena stands under the sun so often. But she doesn't love the light because it is always there, or maybe she does, because it is always there like her parents would be if they could, like how every single member of her family would if she asked. She looked at the sun and she thought, life can only burn brighter.

A sweep of dark lashes, once, a single smooth and meaningless blink. The delicate smile widens on her face. “Well then.” Her voice is soft and sweet, almost comparable to the song of a siren. “You still have the first time to look forward to,” she says like she is wise, when the first time she had given her love to a man she had been too young to truly know what love was, and he too old to remember the innocence of puppy love. They had been doomed from the start.

“Ill take them,” she says in response with girlish, soprano laughter. Laughter before the silence that takes over them as she tells him what she knows he is. Dreamwalker. Not the first she has met, and she thinks he will not be the last, not the way Elena’s dreams try to step into reality. She is all too fond a subject for them. He smiles, and Elena smiles back, like autumn sun on golden leaves. “It will be my secret then too,” she promises him, promises and promises. This one she knows she can keep, would keep, forever. He is far too beautiful a secret for her to share. When he makes to depart, Elena gently reaches out and tugs his dark mane. “I am sure,” she responds, the only permission she will give to let him into her dreams once more. Even if she keeps all her greatest secrets buried there, she trusts Dune with them, with all of them.

She says nothing when he turns around, just smiles a pleasant goodbye. It is not until she pulls the hood of her cloak over head head and turns around to continue walking that she whispers: “I know.”

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Dune

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
she burns [autumn] - by Elena - 06-04-2020, 05:03 PM
RE: she burns [autumn] - by Dune - 06-17-2020, 10:39 PM
RE: she burns [autumn] - by Elena - 07-04-2020, 12:43 PM
RE: she burns [autumn] - by Dune - 07-12-2020, 10:27 PM