Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - ROUND ONE;; STICKS, STONES, BROKEN BONES [FIGHT]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 82 — Threads: 12
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

Fight Type: TOURNAMENT BATTLE
Prize: Progression to round 2 of the tournament
Contact Made: I personally haven't but it was announced by Syn

Character #1:@Dune
Bonded: No
Magic: Dream Walking
Armor: No
Weapons: No
Current Health: 8
Current Attack: 12
Current Experience: 10

Character #2: @Amaunet
Bonded: No
Magic: Chaos
Armor: No
Weapons: No
Current Health: 8
Current Attack: 12
Current Experience: 16

I dreamed of you in colors beyond seeing,
braided your name into the earth

When Dune read who he would be fighting, he choked on his own saliva.

Amaunet

He had never seen her name written before. He had only ever heard it; chanted like a lusty prayer for deliverance, the scent of sweat and blood heavy in the air, ground trembling as the audience stomped their bloodlust into the earth. He bet against her only once– never again.

Yes, Dune knew his opponent well, and he knew this would likely be his only advantage in their match. He had fought in the pit only a handful of times, with varying success. If by some chance she had watched him, it would not have been memorable. Dune was not a particularly strong fighter, especially in the pit. The streets favored him more, where he could use the environment to his advantage. In his pit fights the bay came, put his head down, and fought his hardest until the end. He could take a kick– no, that’s understating it– he could take a beating. But he couldn’t always give one. Worse, he had no magic to fight with, and working the crowd was above his head.

There simply was not much money to be made in the pits when you lacked both prowess and showmanship, and as a result he spent most of his time in more lucrative endeavors... Like betting on other fighters. Amaunet was a damn force of nature, and she had actually won him a pretty penny. The thought of fighting her deeply unnerved him. But he had been promised a reward just for participating– imagine that! a handout in Solterra?!– and he was not one to turn down free money. Anyway he had once been ambushed by three older boys and beaten to within an inch of his life, just for the fun of it. There was no way this could be worse than that... right?

The day of their match was just another day in Solterra: hot, dry, and dusty. The midday sun was so fat and heavy, Dune’s shadow was almost nonexistent as he stepped into the ring. Sweat was already darkening his skin. Someone immediately started booing, and in response his ears pinned in distaste. Across the ring his opponent stepped forward, supple and hungry. Keeping light on his feet, Dune braced himself for the whirlwind that was sure to follow.

@Amaunet I hope it's okay he knows her, let me know if there's anything I need to change <33

Summary: Dune gets scared, thinks about his history and capabilities of a fighter (or lack thereof) and steps forward, keeping light on his feet and waiting for Amaunet to make the first move.

Attack Used: 0
Attack(s) Left: 2
Block Used: 0
Block(s) Left: 1
Item(s) Used: N/A

Response Deadline: 6/11
Tags: @Amaunet, @Sid, @inkbone, @Sparrow, @nestle, @aimless

Messages In This Thread
ROUND ONE;; STICKS, STONES, BROKEN BONES [FIGHT] - by Dune - 06-04-2020, 10:08 PM
RE: ROUND ONE;; STICKS, STONES, BROKEN BONES [FIGHT] - by Amaunet - 06-10-2020, 04:56 PM
RE: ROUND ONE;; STICKS, STONES, BROKEN BONES [FIGHT] - by Amaunet - 06-17-2020, 08:24 PM
RE: ROUND ONE;; STICKS, STONES, BROKEN BONES [FIGHT] - by Amaunet - 06-27-2020, 12:37 PM
RE: ROUND ONE;; STICKS, STONES, BROKEN BONES [FIGHT] - by Amaunet - 07-10-2020, 03:21 PM