Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - maybe I want it all

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

the fire healer

When Mommy Morr told me there was going to be a costume party in the markets for All Hallow's Eve, I could not wait. What's more fun than dressing up and playing make believe? It's my favorite game to play with the other kids, but with this, I can look even more like the character I'm playing.

She helped me put my costume together tonight. At first, I wasn't too sure about it, but then I saw my reflection and it's not too bad. I'm wearing silks resembling the colors of fire. They're wrapped around my neck and drape down over my shoulders. She also braided similar colored ribbons into my tail so they drape all the way down to the ground. When I run, it almost looks like I have a long fiery tail. If it isn't obvious, I'm disguised as a phoenix. Only I'm a gentle phoenix, so I only use my fire abilities for good. That's because Mommy Morr tends to get too angry with her fire. So much so that it scares other people, me included. I don't want to do that, I just want to be a magnificent, pretty phoenix that flies through the air.

That is what I set out to do tonight. Mommy went off to do something, so she let me go explore the markets. She even gave me some money to grab myself a sweet snack, but she was very clear that I could not touch the drinks, even if they smelled good. Something about them not being safe? It tempted me to buy some anyway, but I found myself more hungry than thirsty.

I finally settled on an apple from a merchant's booth. After I hand over the money and take a bite, I notice a man with a mask. It's all he's wearing and he seems quite underdressed compared to me and many others. Did he not have enough for a costume?

I bring my apple with me as I run towards him. It floats in the air while my silks and ribbons do too. I feel like I'm flying for real and wish I had wings of my own.

As I get closer to him, I let out a loud "cawww" noise in my attempt to sound like a phoenix. I don't really know what they're supposed to sound like, but that's how they sound in my head. I stop in front of the man with a smile on my face.

"What are you supposed to be?" I ask, tilting my head. I'm genuinely curious. The mask is cool looking, but it doesn't remind me of anything. I take another bite of my apple while I wait for him to respond.

"Speaking."

@Tenebrae <3

Messages In This Thread
maybe I want it all - by Tenebrae - 06-05-2020, 05:10 AM
RE: maybe I want it all - by Maeve - 06-06-2020, 02:23 PM
RE: maybe I want it all - by Tenebrae - 07-03-2020, 10:45 AM
RE: maybe I want it all - by Maeve - 07-08-2020, 05:11 PM
RE: maybe I want it all - by Tenebrae - 07-20-2020, 12:37 PM
RE: maybe I want it all - by Maeve - 07-25-2020, 08:24 PM
RE: maybe I want it all - by Tenebrae - 08-02-2020, 10:45 AM
RE: maybe I want it all - by Maeve - 08-06-2020, 07:14 PM