Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - ROUND ONE: i'll have the knife in my teeth [TOURNAMENT]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Cannon [PM] Posts: 134 — Threads: 26
Signos: 80
Inactive Character

Fight Type: Battle
Prize: 50 signos per character from Official Day Court Account upon completion of the thread 
Contact Made: Yes

Character #1: @Andras
Bonded: None
Magic: Arc flash, an electric explosion
Armor: None
Weapons: None
Current Health: 10
Current Attack: 10
Current Experience: 13

Character #2: @Zayir
Bonded: None
Magic: None
Armor: None
Weapons: None
Current Health: 10
Current Attack: 13
Current Experience: 10

Andras

The warden's had an itch for days, something below the skin, something hot and prickling and insistent. It only grows when he reads the posted bracket, when he sees his name drawn in thick black ink on the yellowed slip. In the shade of the Colosseum that itch becomes a mounting giddiness, which becomes a breathless sort of joy that he has to wrestle down before it swallows him whole.

Andras lifts his head to see the flat sand of the arena baked by the column of desert sun that peeks into the canyon. The festival crowd is impatient and wanting, a din even in the background, through the heavy road door. You're up, says the guard to its right, who waits for Andras to look then abandons her expression of cool disinterest for something closer to.... worry? Quiet laughter? It does not matter to him.

No, all that matters to him is the slice of white light that grows as she cranks the door open one foot of a time and it all spills in on him at once: the hot sun, the white sand, the roar of a crowd that's gone too long without their joyous blood sport.

And it is joyous. And it will hurt. And it makes Andras spark like a firecracker as he steps into the wall of light and sound. 'Our next match,' says the announcer,'is the Warden of Delumine, Andras Demya, versus Zayir, of Solterra.' An old name. An ancient name. Perhaps one of the oldest. The crowd roars for Zayir, roars like their sovereign's lion or their fiery desert sun.

It makes Andras smile. A soldier from Solterra. The soldier from Solterra, just as white and gold as the desert he walks on. Andras chokes back a grin but can't hold it for long--and when it breaks over his face it does so in a crack of thunder. This should be fun.

The warden bows his head, unfolds his wings, and and takes a deep breath.
In-- he holds it-- and out.

i am being perfectly fucking civil

Summary: Andras admires the occasion while he waits for his turn. When he's called, he enters the arena, gives Zayir a deep bow, and positions himself for the fight.

Attack Used:
Attack(s) Left:
Block Used:
Block(s) Left:
Item(s) Used: none

Response Deadline: June 12, 2020
Tags: @Zayir, @Sid, @inkbone, @nestle, @aimless, @layla

they made you into a weapon
and told you to find peace.

Messages In This Thread
ROUND ONE: i'll have the knife in my teeth [TOURNAMENT] - by Andras - 06-05-2020, 07:27 PM