Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - something good [festival]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jes [PM] Posts: 9 — Threads: 3
Signos: 250
Inactive Character

She blinked only softly as the other mare's face nearly collided with hers, seemingly completely unfazed but the closeness and near contact with the face of a complete stranger. It was the way she shifted on her feet that first gave rise to concern that perhaps the was a bit uneasy with her sudden appearance. Meeting new people was hard though, she understood that. The fact that she had to force a smile onto her face was completely lost on the girl, and her momentary uncertainty of the situation vanished just as quickly has it had come.

Vespera. Goddess Vespera Her ears flickered, the golden hoops slightly entangled in a strand of her mane. She'd heard about goddesses, but she didn't realize they'd be made of stone. She focused her attention with great care, emerald gaze peering with a burning intensity. She was about to spout more questions at the poor target of her curiosity when Noelle spoke again. Harvest? She's heard about harvests, she'd seen places where large amounts of food grew all year during her travels. There most certainly had never been any harvest festival in the desert though. They had plenty of nights of celebrations and togetherness, but those were always spontaneous encounters with other bands of nomads, chances to catch up with old friends one only got to see from time to time. Nothing as bizarre as bringing presents to a stone goddess.

Speaking of gifts, much to her embarrassment she'd allowed her ignorance of the event prevent her from bringing such an offering. Nervously she eyed the guards on either side of the goddess, assuming they'd be more upset about her lack of tithe than the carving itself.

Here, take this if you want. She hadn't even seen the older woman dig out flower from her pouch. Such a small yet gorgeous token a welcome relief to her small wave of worry. Quickly she shifted excitedly from foot too foot, prancing in place for a moment as she accepted the flower every so gently. Extending her delicate neck she dipped forward to deposit the wildflower next to the wreath that had just been laid at Vespera's feet. "Thanks! I hope she thinks its as pretty as I do. I didn't realize we were supposed to bring gifts but I don't want to make a bad impression my first week here." She let out a small, nervous laugh. "You're wreath is gorgeous, did you make it?" Horses here seemed to be full of surprises, which meant she found it no surprise at all the woman was capable of making such a detailed and delicate work of art. "I'm Regina by the way, I haven't been here long. Thanks for filling me in." A stranger in a strange place, but luckily for the girl horses there had all been so nice thus far.  

@Noëlle

Messages In This Thread
something good [festival] - by Noëlle - 06-07-2020, 12:51 AM
RE: something good [festival] - by Regina - 06-07-2020, 09:46 PM
RE: something good [festival] - by Noëlle - 06-12-2020, 01:34 AM
RE: something good [festival] - by Regina - 06-12-2020, 08:26 PM
RE: something good [festival] - by Noëlle - 07-07-2020, 11:13 PM