Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - ' ' BRING ME THE SUN *

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline e-cho [PM] Posts: 48 — Threads: 12
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

were you to fall, i should fall too
"I would not," she whispers in return, meeting his black gaze, her own fiery heart lurching up to pound and drum its fingers along her ribs, press petal-weights into her spine until it is steel, unbendable and unbroken. Dark nares flare as she takes in the scent of anger, the stench of his nerves. Even the sweat of him is sweet to her, but now, when he becomes soft and hard, worried for her safety and longing to push her away, she is an unfathomable beast.

Her smile is a scythe through stalks of corn, cutting easily into the world as though pulling a babe from a mother's heaving womb. "They would try, and you know what would happen, El Rey? Those mortals would fail." HIs kiss to her brow moments before does nothing to settle her, does not ease the anger of a woman scorned.

Who are they, after all, to take him from her?

He chose her and she chose him.

It is simple, the way they love. It is dark, the way they care. And she would bleed a thousand throats of their sanguine jewels to keep him safe, to keep him sane. Juniper knows what it is to see a creature die. She remembers the sacrifices left on Vespera's alter. She remembers the corpses beasts in her swamp left. Some, when she found them, were still warm. Some, when she pried open their ribs, still held their dear heart beating.

Juniper knows death, has tasted its stench upon her skin. She would not have him pulled to a place she would not follow. And so she buts his shoulder, for that is as high as she can reach when he looks down upon her like a child. "I won't let you go alone," she tells him, stubborn as a girl losing her first tooth. He's adamant, but she's just as stubborn.

@El Rey | "speaks" | notes: ruh roh raggy

rallidae | art

Messages In This Thread
' ' BRING ME THE SUN * - by Juniper - 06-29-2020, 07:48 PM
RE: ' ' BRING ME THE SUN * - by El Rey - 07-13-2020, 05:15 PM
RE: ' ' BRING ME THE SUN * - by Juniper - 08-16-2020, 10:07 PM
RE: ' ' BRING ME THE SUN * - by El Rey - 09-14-2020, 01:04 AM
RE: ' ' BRING ME THE SUN * - by Juniper - 09-22-2020, 02:29 PM