Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - how a maiden came to Morningland

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

For all of her traveling and changing of homes, Elena has never considered herself a vagabond, not truly. She was born and raised to be rooted into a kingdom of some sort. To serve a home and its people. To look to those same people like family, to form relationships For all her wandering, Elena has not a drop of wanderlust in her blood. She dreamed of facing down dragons, but only if after the flame she could retreat to the safety of her home. She has imagined herself conquering the tallest of mountains, only if she can fall into the arms of her family when she sees where the horizon ends. And now, she pictures herself sailing out across the ocean she has come to love so much, if only because she knows how sweet it would be for her feet to land upon Terrastella’s sandy shore when it was all over.

Sunlight reaches through the trees in a hazy glow. Her smile is faint, but it is there (only because she tries so hard to make it so) as she looks at the woman. “Hello.” She says softly, brokenly, her voice shallower than a whisper. Her blue eyes bruise as she looks at her. And then she turns around.

She had heard once, that when you drown, you hear music. When she looks into the blind woman’s eyes, she thinks she hears chimes, and wonders for a moment if you can drown on dry land. Because she can feel something like panic in her throat. She doesn't like the feeling of everything tumbling out of her control.

‘You can make a wish.’ Said a boy, with a lantern. She looks at the girl now and thinks she wasted it on such a foolish thing.

‘I love you.’ He had told her.

Maybe she should have wished for something more eternal instead.

Her delicate face deepens with sympathy. Not for her blindness, but for her loneliness. The palomino sinks into her emotions. They aren't happy, not what she would like, but feeling someone else’s loneliness, sorrow, it is so much better than her own and Elena can walk into someone’s emotions as easily as walking through a front door. It is by all means an invasion of privacy, but Elena needs this, Gods she needs this. Anything but the way her own heart throbs, bruising her ribs with every pulse. She can feel them crack and splinter, she wonders how she keeps from bleeding from the inside out.

A miracle maybe.

Just like her wish, she might have used that miracle for something else if she had known.

Slender frame moves closer to the woman as she talks, those golden legs taking a step, loud enough to she knows that she moves, so the blind woman is able to keep track of her. Silver blue eyes remember with an empathetic ache of what it was like once, in the dark.

“I’m sorry.” She sounds like wildflowers and rain. She knows what it is like to be somewhere between found and lost. Elena would much rather be a girl without a map, alone in the woods, than one with, but no idea of which way to start.

Elena moves closer until she could reach out if she wanted to, but she does not. “Please, let me help you,” she says, even if it is for her own selfish reason, even if it is because she remembers how no one had helped her.

Even if she never would have taken it even if she was offered it.

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Edda

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
how a maiden came to Morningland - by Edda - 07-02-2020, 08:16 PM
RE: how a maiden came to Morningland - by Elena - 07-22-2020, 11:09 PM
RE: how a maiden came to Morningland - by Edda - 07-26-2020, 12:47 PM
RE: how a maiden came to Morningland - by Elena - 08-17-2020, 10:14 PM