Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the world is ugly

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

no escaping what is coming
eternity of being nothing

There is a tickle in her mind, but she doesn't think much of it as Antiope uses her magic to get her out of the bar. Many heads are turned and she can hear them whispering their gossip. Morrighan will likely hear about it another day when she's sober. At that point, she probably can't promise to Antiope that she won't threaten a few for it.

For now, she is led out the door and they turn down to a side street. "Are we going on a stroll now?" she asks, somewhere between loopy and frustrated. There is also a part of her wondering if the Sovereign will actually punish her for this, but it's a very small thought in the very muddled mess of her mind right now.

When they make it to where the mare had determined to be their destination, she can see the color of Antiope's eyes change back to normal. The walk managed to sober her up slightly, but it didn't do much good for her emotional state.

"What were you thinking?"

Only that's exactly it- she's been thinking too much. She wants to drink until she can't think anymore. Until the pain goes away and she just feels numb. When she's numb she forgets her heartbreak and forgets how stupid she had been.

Antiope says this won't help. What does she know? But a memory manages to make its way through- she had a family once. In some way, maybe she does know.

"I didn't want to think anymore," Morrighan mumbles. Her words are no longer slurred, she's just starting to break. "I looked at that damn glass and my head just kept playing the same thing over and over. I wanted to forget." She finds her legs sinking down to the ground now, feeling the cool stone on her knees. It does nothing to comfort her, but she feels too weak to stand anymore. "I wanted to forget what she did to me." I just wanted to forget her. Everything about her. Everything with her.

The Regent doesn't know what Antiope wanted her to say or what she might still want her to say. She's torn between letting herself be vulnerable with the woman here too or sucking it all in. The alcohol still in her system doesn't really give her a choice. She can feel her eyes getting watery.

"I'm sorry."

It might be clear she's still drunk because she's too prideful to ever say those words sober. But it's a genuine apology, even while she's trying to swim through her thoughts and emotions. She feels exposed now, like she's just laid out everything in front of someone who she should consider a close friend and confidant.

But nothing is making her feel better.

"Speaking."
credits
credits

@Antiope <3 WHOOPS we've switched over to Emo Morrighan I guess

Messages In This Thread
the world is ugly - by Morrighan - 07-06-2020, 09:53 PM
RE: the world is ugly - by Antiope - 07-07-2020, 12:36 PM
RE: the world is ugly - by Morrighan - 07-07-2020, 01:04 PM
RE: the world is ugly - by Antiope - 07-08-2020, 08:20 PM
RE: the world is ugly - by Morrighan - 07-10-2020, 07:50 PM
RE: the world is ugly - by Antiope - 10-17-2020, 02:24 PM