Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - soldier, poet, king | autumn fest

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 5 — Threads: 2
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

what a wicked thing to do
to make me dream of you

I
breathe a sigh of relief when the full moon comes and goes without interrupting the Autumn Festival. It is expected of me to go, eldest son of the Sevettan household, representative and heir to the Solterran blacksmith empire. But to go out on a full moon… well, by his light that is not a problem.

The servants dress me for the evening, and one reaches for a beautiful necklace, golden, embossed, a family heirloom. “No,” I say, “the turquoise.” The pair glance uncertainly at each other. I know mother would prefer I wear the choker. It is a reflection of our status, she would say.

They place the turquoise around my neck anyway, and the stones settle cooly against my skin. “Perfect,” I tell them, though there are no mirrors in my room. I know they are bright and striking against my sand colored coat, anyway, and I feel better with their weight just above my heart.

•••

The streets are bustling, full of equines from the highest houses to the most modest of folks. It’s a party quite unlike any I have seen in a long time, since the festivals stopped being held years ago.

I am careful to step lightly, with grace; to smile pleasantly, to mind my satins and my manners. I am the image of Solterran nobility. My mother would be proud.

Ahead, my eyes land upon a familiar face. Chiseled, bronze in the flickering light. Still beautiful. I feel sick, immediately, and turn away hoping he hasn’t noticed me. I look back once, but his eyes are cast elsewhere. I can’t decide if that is relief or pain I feel.

That is when I see him. Oh, anyone who is anyone knows of and would recognize the Ieshan brothers. Dark little Corradh, exotic Pilate, magnificent—

“Prince Adonai, light be with you.”

I’m not sure if I am trying to save myself from the man behind me, or save him from whatever is causing that unfortunate look upon his face. I decide that perhaps both will do, but oh, if it is Adonai, Head of House Ieshan, who I need to save me… Solis, grant me strength.

His eyes have no right to be that exquisite.

"Speaking."

@Adonai c; His necklace if you're curious

[Image: 21688264_2Zx.png]
we're the chosen ones
the children of the sun

Messages In This Thread
soldier, poet, king | autumn fest - by Adonai - 07-09-2020, 11:50 PM
RE: soldier, poet, king | autumn fest - by Amunemhet - 07-10-2020, 04:13 PM
RE: soldier, poet, king | autumn fest - by Adonai - 07-15-2020, 01:37 AM