Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - a flame by another name

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

M A E V E

- ✦ -

M
oira looks at me and as I stare into her eyes, they are as bright as the sun (maybe even like fire too). However, her voice isn't fiery at all, it's more soft. She blows the hair out of my face like Momma Morr might and I feel a little better.

"M-maybe," I stutter, my nerves still not quite gone. When she talks about the tiger, I look over and take a big gulp. I don't move a muscle other than to shake my head when asked if I had met the beast before.

I take in just how much bigger she is and how much larger her teeth are. I don't think I want to find out what would happen when she's upset. It makes me think that Momma is very brave for taking on a woman with a tiger as their friend. Moira says the tiger won't bite me, so I just hope that might be true for now.

Since Moira is being so nice, it makes me confused why Momma would hate her so much. She's pretty and kind (although her tiger still looks scary), so what's the big deal? I know Momma gets upset a lot, so maybe they just had a misunderstanding? Still, they are practically arch enemies, so me being here almost feels wrong. It's like if I stay here too long, Momma will come out from the shadows and start yelling. Then the woods would be on fire in minutes. I can feel my heart racing just thinking about it.

"I...I'm not sure if Momma wants me to talk to you," I say with my eyes on the ground now. My voice is so quiet, it's barely a whisper. I feel guilty and sad.

§

she listens to wind secrets
and echoes of distant star songs

« r ; art » | @Moira

Messages In This Thread
a flame by another name - by Maeve - 07-19-2020, 12:01 AM
RE: a flame by another name - by Moira - 07-19-2020, 02:50 PM
RE: a flame by another name - by Maeve - 07-25-2020, 08:18 PM
RE: a flame by another name - by Moira - 07-29-2020, 12:34 AM
RE: a flame by another name - by Maeve - 08-05-2020, 08:07 PM
RE: a flame by another name - by Moira - 11-29-2020, 04:23 AM
RE: a flame by another name - by Maeve - 12-06-2020, 10:37 PM