Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - a flame by another name

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

M A E V E

- ✦ -

I
'm still nervous, but not because Moira would hurt me. Maybe not even because her tiger would. Really I just think it's because of Momma. I don't think she'd hurt me either but she'd be very upset and probably yell at Moira more. I don't want anyone to get in trouble.

Although, I'm confused when she talks about a wolf gobbling me up. "Wolves don't gobble up horses," I correct her, thinking about Momma's bonded. "Bram is really nice. We play hide and seek all the time and he's never tried to gobble me before." I'm not sure what wolves Moira's met, but they're clearly not as great as Bram.

She then brings over a dandelion and I put all my attention on this. It seems like it means a lot to her and, while I've seen these plants before, I never thought to make a wish on them. I've made wishes with lanterns and stars, but never plants. I wonder if it makes the wish more powerful somehow. For now, I only take the dandelion and don't do anything with it yet.

As one of the seeds floats away in the breeze, she asks me what I want to do. The problem is I don't know. I'm stuck between what I want and what I'm afraid will happen if I don't. I like to follow my want, but sometimes that leads me to trouble (and sometimes a stern talking to). I hang my head, twirling the dandelion so it floats in place, but spins only slightly.

"Well…" I feel like I want to be honest. I look around again and still don't see Momma. "Maybe I can stay for a little bit." I feel like I'm rebelling a little and it actually feels kind of fun. "If you see Momma though, let me know and I'll go hide." I can't help but giggle- it's like we're both keeping a secret.

I still haven't made a wish, but I don't know what to wish for yet. Instead, something else comes to mind. "Why does my Momma hate you so much? I mean… I don't think you're that scary. I think… she's scarier." I just surprised myself for blurting that out and feel my cheeks get really warm. "Don't tell her I said that…" I whisper, hoping Moira is good at keeping secrets.

§

she listens to wind secrets
and echoes of distant star songs

« r ; art » | @Moira

Messages In This Thread
a flame by another name - by Maeve - 07-19-2020, 12:01 AM
RE: a flame by another name - by Moira - 07-19-2020, 02:50 PM
RE: a flame by another name - by Maeve - 07-25-2020, 08:18 PM
RE: a flame by another name - by Moira - 07-29-2020, 12:34 AM
RE: a flame by another name - by Maeve - 08-05-2020, 08:07 PM
RE: a flame by another name - by Moira - 11-29-2020, 04:23 AM
RE: a flame by another name - by Maeve - 12-06-2020, 10:37 PM