Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - birds of a feather [quest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

i'm up against these things i can't see ;
they don't compare ; make me believe, make me believe

E
lena tells me again that I have to be calm. Why is it so hard to just be calm?! But the more she speaks, the more it soothes me a little again. It's not like how Momma calms me down, but it's still enough to get me to take a deep breath and just focus. Maybe I just have to keep practicing. I wonder how long it took Elena to be good at this being calm thing.

Thankfully, what I said was right about the hawk's injuries. I smile and feel proud of myself. Really, I was just going with my gut feeling. I've never really dealt with this before, so I guess I just need to go with my gut more often. Elena then suggests that I talk to the hawk. At first, it seems kind of weird, but as I look at him and our eyes meet, I can… feel something. Maybe she's right. She hasn't led me astray so far at least.

"It'll be okay, little bird, we'll take care of you. Just take some deep breaths and we'll patch you up!" I tell him and it doesn't feel so weird after I say it. In fact, it feels like something has clicked and it just feels natural now. The hawk even understands me and nods, then continues to stay as still as he can so we can get to work.

I'm relieved when Elena says we can fix his wing. I listen to her instructions carefully and hold the leaf in place while she wraps the wing. It's cool to watch how she does it and I can tell she's an expert. Once she's done, she's confident that the hawk will be able to fly again. Apparently I did a really good job today and I would make a good medic! I puff out my chest with pride.

"Really? You think so?" I ask her, finding myself wanting to ask so many questions now. "I haven't thought of it before, but what you did was so cool!" Before I can get the chance to ask those questions, she instructs for me to help her pick up the hawk so we can take him back home. I guess I'll just have to ask those questions later because this is very important.

As we begin to walk back, I can feel a tickle in the back of my mind. Then, I hear a small voice say "thank you". When I look over at the hawk, he's smiling at me and my eyes grow wide. Did he just speak to me telepathically? I didn't think such a thing was possible.

"It's okay, we are bonded, you and I," he explains and then it all makes sense. I knew there was something about this day and this place that drew me here. It's because we were meant to be bonded and I needed to find him to save his life. It's likely the reason Elena had been lead here too so she could help me.

I tell Elena what just happened as we walk home and find myself feeling really excited. What an amazing day this turned out to be and with a great ending too! I can't wait to tell Momma all about it when we get back.

« r ; art »

@Elena thank you for such a lovely thread <3 they'll need to meet again sometime for some more bonding

Messages In This Thread
birds of a feather [quest] - by Maeve - 07-19-2020, 12:49 AM
RE: birds of a feather [quest] - by Elena - 07-30-2020, 06:44 PM
RE: birds of a feather [quest] - by Maeve - 08-02-2020, 04:35 PM
RE: birds of a feather [quest] - by Elena - 08-05-2020, 10:53 AM
RE: birds of a feather [quest] - by Maeve - 08-05-2020, 08:42 PM
RE: birds of a feather [quest] - by Elena - 08-10-2020, 11:39 AM
RE: birds of a feather [quest] - by Maeve - 08-22-2020, 08:49 PM
RE: birds of a feather [quest] - by Elena - 09-07-2020, 08:33 PM
RE: birds of a feather [quest] - by Maeve - 10-11-2020, 07:58 PM