Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the aster on the hill [Fall]

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

— the fire healer —

I am running.

I run as fast as I can through the streets, weaving through the crowd and doing my best not to run into anyone. There are some who don't appreciate me rushing by, but I don't pay attention. Tonight, I'm not a horse- I'm a phoenix.

The Shadow Man said I was the very first phoenix he had ever met. It made me feel proud and special and rare. I'm an unstoppable force with the flame colored ribbons flying through the air behind me as I move, almost like long tail feathers. I pretend that I have wings spread out so far that I could cover the entire crowd with them. If only I actually had wings so I could take flight and look down at everything like a bird does. I'd watch over everyone and make sure they were okay.

I'm deep in my imagination when something runs in front of me, almost knocking me over. It's so fast that I can't even get a good look at it. All I remember is that they were brown and I think I remember seeing wings. They were way too big to be a bird. I stop right in my tracks and my hooves make a screeching sound against the cobblestone. There's spaces between the buildings that are covered in shadow and I squint my eyes in the direction that the creature went. It must have gone into hiding because I know I hadn't imagined it.

"Hello?" I call out, wondering if it could understand me. "Is someone there?"

I step closer to the shadows, but not too close just in case they might be scared. "You can come out," I say softly. "I won't hurt you."

"Speaking."
credits

@Leonidas <3

Messages In This Thread
the aster on the hill [Fall] - by Leonidas - 07-19-2020, 10:47 AM
RE: the aster on the hill [Fall] - by Maeve - 07-25-2020, 08:16 PM
RE: the aster on the hill [Fall] - by Leonidas - 08-01-2020, 04:50 PM
RE: the aster on the hill [Fall] - by Maeve - 08-05-2020, 09:17 PM
RE: the aster on the hill [Fall] - by Leonidas - 08-15-2020, 08:01 AM
RE: the aster on the hill [Fall] - by Maeve - 08-23-2020, 06:51 PM
RE: the aster on the hill [Fall] - by Leonidas - 09-06-2020, 10:46 AM
RE: the aster on the hill [Fall] - by Maeve - 10-11-2020, 07:55 PM