Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - You built your tower, but call me home

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

maeve

« ♡ »

she listens to wind secrets and echoes of distant star songs
T
he grass feels different here compared to the prairie back home. It's softer and longer. It's almost as if it'll just keep growing and growing forever until each blade towers over me. I wonder if it'd be a jungle then and I could pretend to be a wild tiger stalking my prey.

That's the game I play now even though the grass isn't that long. I can imagine it is and how there are all these creatures around me. The bird that just called out isn't a bird, but a dragon. I like to think that it's my dragon looking out for me like Fable does with Isra. Only, this one is bigger and pure white with glowing blue eyes. She would be named Sapphire for her eyes and she would have the fiercest cry of them all.

I start to run, not caring if I might be trampling the grass underneath me. I scare some bugs out of their hiding places and can hear the frantic fluttering of their wings as they flee. I find myself laughing just from the pure bliss of it all. I know the Dawn soldier and I are on our way back to Denocte, but that doesn't mean I can't have a little fun here before we leave Terrastella.

My imagination has run so wild, I almost don't notice the lady eating grass ahead of me. I'm a bit surprised because she looks just like the colors my dragon would be. Am I in a dream? Is this my dragon after all, but shapeshifted? My jaw drops as I hurry over. I'm eager to find out for sure.

"Are you a dragon?" I ask, not realizing just how ridiculous the question is to an adult. My imagination feels real to me, which is why I can't believe she's standing here. I guess even if she isn't my dragon, she's pretty and looks like she would be friendly. Though, I kind of hope it's true and I can go back and tell Zahra I met a shapeshifting dragon.

speaks
« r ; art »

@Edda <3

Messages In This Thread
You built your tower, but call me home - by Edda - 07-26-2020, 04:38 PM
RE: You built your tower, but call me home - by Maeve - 07-27-2020, 12:20 AM
RE: You built your tower, but call me home - by Maeve - 08-06-2020, 08:36 PM