Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - You built your tower, but call me home

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

maeve

« ♡ »

she listens to wind secrets and echoes of distant star songs
P
art of me is sad when she says she's not a dragon, so I guess I can rule out her being a shapeshifter. I know those exist too though, so it would've been cool to finally meet one and see if they could shift into all kinds of things. I would've asked her to shift into a dragon for sure, but maybe into a phoenix too (mostly so I could see one for myself).

But I guess this is fine too and she seems nice either way. She mentions seeing other dragons for herself - and ghosts?? This is the part that interests me the most. I try to think of how many dragons I've seen here, but I think the only one I really know is Fable. I've heard of many though.

"I think so," I say honestly. "There's a huuuuge one that lives back home. His name is Fable. He might look kind of scary at first, but he's actually really nice." I think back to the first time I met him and I was pretty scared. I don't think I'd want to be on him or Isra's bad side.

As I watch the lady more closely, I realize that her eyes are not looking right at me like someone normally would. It's almost like she's looking… above me? "Wait, is someone behind me?" I turn around to try and see if it was the soldier, but there isn't anyone there, it's just me and the lady. When I look back at her again, I then realize there's a cloudiness to her eyes that I didn't see before. Then it hits me - she's blind and I feel really embarrassed.

"O-oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize…" I try to apologize, but throat feels tight and I don't really know what to say. I feel really bad for her and can't imagine what things must be like not being able to see the world. I figure the best thing I could do is change the subject.

"So um, w-what are dragon ghosts like? What are the dragons that you know?" I hope I didn't offend her and that this is enough to change the subject to something good. If not, I might just keep stuttering and have to run off in a panic to find the soldier guy before I say anything worse.

speaks
« r ; art »

@Edda <3

Messages In This Thread
You built your tower, but call me home - by Edda - 07-26-2020, 04:38 PM
RE: You built your tower, but call me home - by Maeve - 07-27-2020, 12:20 AM
RE: You built your tower, but call me home - by Maeve - 08-06-2020, 08:36 PM