Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - animals as omens | party

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline RB [PM] Posts: 51 — Threads: 3
Signos: 1,095
Inactive Character

prince pilate of
house ieshan

you think you are possessing me
but I've got my teeth in you.

I
 see everything.

I don’t know everything—as good a job I do convincing everyone otherwise.  But I do see everything. It’s my party, after all, and if anything goes wrong I’ll be holding myself responsible for it. Any embarrassment will follow me into my nightmares; there is nothing I hate more than being made a fool of.

But so far things are going swimmingly. (I tap my glass against the nearest piece of wood, part of the doorjamb, as I think this, a stupid commoner’s habit I haven’t quite shed from childhood.) So I’m in a good mood when I see him enter—mister tall, dark, and handsome, his long hair unbound, striated with veins of gold like a fine piece of marble.

He speaks quietly to a server. He stares at a painting on our wall, and I watch him watch it, curious which part is so entrancing to him. (It is one of our most morose pieces.) The server comes back, and when the stranger picks up a glass I can’t help but sidle up behind him to check. 

In his goblet is the cocktail made of thick, smooth sapphire, little curls of steam rising off the top. When I see it, I lean in and say slyly: “Good choice.”

And then I return to my station, ever the diligent host.

OOC: drink #4 produces a "laughing gas" effect. for the rest of his time at the party (or as long as you'd like!), Erasmus will likely find himself in an increasingly good mood, as well as finding it harder to control his reactions (especially positive ones). if you have any questions or concerns, let me know; otherwise, have fun <3

Messages In This Thread
animals as omens | party - by Erasmus - 08-06-2020, 09:24 AM
RE: animals as omens | party - by Pilate - 08-13-2020, 01:34 AM
RE: animals as omens | party - by Aghavni - 08-20-2020, 09:26 PM
RE: animals as omens | party - by Erasmus - 08-29-2020, 12:02 PM