Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Perfectly Wrong

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

Elena Daray

let us live like flowers
drenched in sunlight

S
he remembers when she had thought returning home would be the answer. Though that returning to the place she had been born, had been first loved, would ease the pain. It had not. Because pain does not exist in places, it exists in people, and people show up every where, reminding you of that pain.

Her mother’s death—she sees it in the eyes of her grandmother.
Her father’s murder—it was the snow that fell to the earth.
Leaving Lilli behind—she saw her own guilt painted in the spring tulips.
It is no different now.

She sees Tenebrae leaving her when she looks in the shadows.
Azrael smiles at her in the stars.
Her child sits in the uncertainty of everything.

She knows if she left, it would solve nothing. Some call this growing up, Elena simply says it is accepting her fate. She is not brave for tilting her chin upwards against the blows, merely resilient. The thin aspen bowing and bending against the wild winds. Her heart still breaking a little bit at a time.

The shiver the traveled up her spine, now travels down Elena’s, completing the circle.
And down Elena’s, completing the circle. A frog cries. She lets a smile curl into those delicate cheeks. Even as the empath can feel the girl’s uncertainty, though Elena is no stranger to such emotions. “It is nice to meet you, Csilla.” Her words fall from her lips as easily as rain. She hangs onto whatever words she will offer her, Elena has always been a good listener. “If you are sure.” Her silvery voice chimes clearly into the chill autumn air. There is hesitancy, there are emotions buried beneath her skin and Elena, the healer inside her, wants to find them, to help her, but she cannot be the one to dig them up, that would be Csilla’s responsibility.

“You are far from a disturbance,” Elena reassures her with the truth. “I am just gathering herbs and other plants for the hospital, we like to keep a large batch of medical supplies,” she tells her.  “I am a healer,” she says, forgetting she is a Champion. “Would you like to assist me?” Elena asks, bringing the plants she had found towards her. “You can tell me a story along the way if you wish.”

code by rallidae
picture by cannon
@Csilla

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
Perfectly Wrong - by Csilla - 08-11-2020, 02:46 PM
RE: Perfectly Wrong - by Elena - 08-17-2020, 05:04 PM
RE: Perfectly Wrong - by Csilla - 08-19-2020, 10:21 AM
RE: Perfectly Wrong - by Elena - 08-23-2020, 09:06 PM