Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - paper crowns [private]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 84 — Threads: 16
Signos: 525
Inactive Character

kissed my penny and threw it in
prayed to keep my soul

U
pon waking, she tried to stretch her fingers around the globe. They didn’t even come close to touching. 

She is in Night, they came to visit her papa, her starry, starry papa. The only papa she knows about, because she has never looked so far into the shadows to find her real father. She likes Night, she thinks, not ask much as Dusk, not as much as Dawn. She has never been to Day, she thinks it sounds like the beach, no matter how many times her mom tells her it is not. But sand is sand, and Elliana believes it means and oceans, even if that ocean in Day is just made of rolling dunes instead of crashing waves. 

The cobblestone streets are busy already in the morning hours. At first, Elliana had not been able to wander so freely. Elena had been fretful, worrying over her tiny, beautiful daughter, keeping her close. Too much had happened to Elena as a child, too much had scarred her heart and she was anxious that the same would happen to Elli. That little girl was too beautiful to ever be marred. Too spirited to ever be broken. She couldn’t bear the thought of it.

But Elena too knows how she cannot keep a butterfly trapped within her palms forever. 

She’s grown calmer, more stable, giving Elliana the chance to wander their home and Denocte when they are there, like today. She allows her to explore the books and crannies of Terrastella, trusting some of the residents to keep an eye out for the court children, trusting in the court’s security. She feels similar to Denocte. So today she lets Elli free, those hands falling open. She presses a kiss to the top of her head. “Be safe, Elli B. Come back with a story to tell me.”

Elliana never failed to find her one. 

Today she tramps through the the court’s streets, knowing to stay away from the side alleyways. She has a few coins in case she wishes to buy a treat or two. Her tiny lungs expanding with the joy of it, her blue eyes look brighter in the winter landscape.  

GET OUT! Someone screams down the street and Elliana turns those eyes just in time to see a little creature with a long ring tail scampering down the street and right towards the castle. He dashes inside as two guards take off chasing him. Just kill the thing, they say, in which Elliana’s entire heart crumbles in her chest, she may not be an empath, but her mother’s compassion ran like fire in her veins. 

Quick to move her feet, the little filly rushes to the gates. Where do you think you are going? Another asks her. Elliana fidgets beneath his gaze, but blue eyes are scanning out ahead to where the little creature had ran off to, to where he could be hurt. This is when she spots another little girl. “Visiting my friend,” she says confidently before heading inside. Elliana reaches Maeve’s shoulder and blue eyes are wide with concern. “Can you pretend to be my friend?” She asks her quietly, Elliana blinks once, twice. “There is someone in here that I have to save.” And she cant explain why it is so important that she does. To spare a life—but it feels like something more.

@Maeve speaks

elliana

« ♡ »
« r »

Messages In This Thread
paper crowns [private] - by Elliana - 08-15-2020, 03:19 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Maeve - 08-22-2020, 08:52 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Elliana - 08-27-2020, 06:06 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Maeve - 09-19-2020, 10:33 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Elliana - 10-25-2020, 07:51 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Maeve - 11-06-2020, 10:30 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Elliana - 11-20-2020, 01:22 PM