Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - paper crowns [private]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

I start to wonder just how Elli knows so much about this lemur and what he's feeling, but then it hits me- he must be Elli's bonded. It's the only thing that makes sense, I mean, how else would she know that he's scared? It reminds me of how Elena and I helped Rory when he had been hurt. I could feel how hurt he was and I could see it on his face. I couldn't really explain it, but then I realized we were bonded. Just like Momma and Bram are. So, if anything, this just makes me even more determined to help my new friend. I know how important bondeds can be.

We are still running through the halls and I wonder just how long it's going to take to catch this guy. He's super fast, so I'm not even sure if the Court people will have any luck getting him. But then, Elli has a different idea - we could hide him.

"Good idea!" I tell her, although I hope she might have a plan. The lemur is still really fast, so unless he stops any time soon somewhere, we might have to corner him first. Luckily, it's not too long after we round a corner that we get to him. Elli seems to already know his name and he comes over to us. I breathe a sigh of relief.

I nod to Elli as we work to place a picture in front of the little guy. It's big enough to cover him and more, so we're pretty proud of ourselves. It's just in time too because a kitchen worker comes over to us wondering if we've seen him.

"A lemur? Are you crazy? They don't live in castles!" I say, laughing and brushing it off like the worker is crazy. Thankfully, they believe me and I don't have to do too much more lying.

"Oh, very well then. If you see one, please catch him and let us know, will you?" they ask. I just nod, but then wink to Elli once they turn away. Before I help her check on him, I first look all around to make sure no one else is coming.

"The coast is clear! Wow, you're both really lucky," I say, feeling really out of breath all of a sudden. "Hey, how did you know his name? Is he your bonded?" Although I'm pretty sure I'm right, I figure I'd ask her anyway.

Rory, who I didn't realize had gone off to perch somewhere during all of the chaos, comes back to join us. He makes a bit of a disgruntled noise, but lands back on my shoulder. I nuzzle him with my nose and turn back to Elli. "Rory is mine. A lady named Elena helped me heal his wing so he can fly again. Then we just kind of… knew? I guess. It's pretty cool." He doesn't always stay by my side, but I know he's always watching over me from the skies while I go out to explore.

"Speaking."

« r ; art »

@Elliana <3

Messages In This Thread
paper crowns [private] - by Elliana - 08-15-2020, 03:19 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Maeve - 08-22-2020, 08:52 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Elliana - 08-27-2020, 06:06 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Maeve - 09-19-2020, 10:33 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Elliana - 10-25-2020, 07:51 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Maeve - 11-06-2020, 10:30 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Elliana - 11-20-2020, 01:22 PM
RE: paper crowns [private] - by Maeve - 11-29-2020, 10:25 PM