Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the first snow of winter

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

- ✦ -

M
orrighan watches as Maeve takes off to greet her friend. It seems to come as a surprise all around that Maeve is her daughter and Maeve already knows Elena's daughter. Although it's a bit confusing, she's happy to see her daughter making friends her own age.

"She is, yes. How do you know her?" she asks, feeling all the questions pop up in her mind. Then she remembers a story Maeve had told her about when she found her bonded and had help from a healer to fix his wing. It all makes more sense now. "Oh, were you the one to help her with Rory? She couldn't stop talking about how amazing your healing skills were."

It made her happy to see Maeve so excited and feeling accomplished. Of course, it had been so ingrained into her from when she was young that warriors had more respect from others compared to healers. It's why she tried so hard to prove to everyone that she was just as worthy of a soldier as anyone else, despite her late developing magic and smaller stature. It didn't occur to her that Maeve might not follow in her exact footsteps.

Of course, how could they forget their first meeting. It had been long before Maeve had been born and when Morrighan was still pregnant with her. At first, Elena seemed suspicious wandering the streets and being so far from Dusk. Then she proved to be not that bad and Morr got to show off at an axe throwing session.

The Regent laughs. "Yes, well, I guess I have Maeve to thank for that," she admits. It's true that her short fuse hasn't been quite as bad lately. There will always be moments, but she's trying to be better for her daughter.

"And you? Elli seems to be just as full of energy as Maeve is. I… didn't even know they knew each other." Morrighan takes another look at the girls now. They're not too far away, but she hasn't been paying attention to their conversation. It seems the girl has a bonded of her own- a creature she's never seen before. He clings to the girl's shoulder and it's quite comical. Very different from Maeve and her bonded who seems to prefer watching over the girl from afar. At least there is Bram, Morrighan's bonded, who will keep a much closer eye where Morrighan can't.

"Did you two come to enjoy the first snow as well? I was going to try and show Maeve how to make snow animals," she tells Elena, although now that she's said it, it seems kind of silly. Here she is, a wielder of fire, and going to attempt to play with snow.

i've lost a part of me ; tell your friends to sharpen their teeth
« r ; art » | @Elena

Messages In This Thread
the first snow of winter - by Morrighan - 08-15-2020, 10:00 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Elena - 08-31-2020, 08:56 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Maeve - 09-30-2020, 09:57 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Elliana - 10-26-2020, 12:04 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Morrighan - 11-03-2020, 09:06 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Elena - 11-19-2020, 06:58 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Maeve - 12-06-2020, 10:33 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Elliana - 12-15-2020, 11:43 AM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Morrighan - 12-22-2020, 10:39 PM