Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the first snow of winter

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

It's a new world, it's a new start
It's alive with the beating of young hearts

It's really embarrassing every time I fall. Not only because I've fallen, but because others worry about me after. I'm grateful that I have so many that care about me, but sometimes I wish they'd relax a little. Especially Momma… she can get overly worried at times. I nod to Elli though, knowing she doesn't mean it to be annoying. I'm glad the subject changes.

I grin at Jack, happy to see that he's okay and him and Elli are still together. It had been a wild adventure trying to keep him away from all those workers in the castle. Hopefully no one will recognize him out here, but I think so far we're the only ones in the area.

"Not much! Momma wanted me to see my first snow. Isn't it so pretty?" I ask her while sticking out my tongue to catch a few snowflakes. They taste cold, but I guess they don't really have much of a taste at all. Still, I find myself doing it for a little longer. "And Rory's out hunting somewhere. He likes to do his own thing sometimes," I reply with a shrug. Sometimes I wish he would spend more time with me, but I also understand he's a different animal. He has different needs and wants than I do, but I know he still looks out for me from above even if I can't see him. I also know he'd come to me if I called out for him. He never seems to be too far away.

Elena's voice breaks me away from Elli for a moment and then I'm alight with excitement. Snow animals? I've never tried to make any before, so I'm not really sure what to do, but I turn to Elli with the biggest smile on my face. "Come on, I bet we can beat them!" I've never really been the competitive type, but this could be fun.

I start moving the snow into a ball with my mind, although I'm not sure how to make it look anything more than a blob. Every now and then, I glance at Elli and back to the adults to see how everyone is doing and maybe if they know something I don't. "What are you going to make?" I ask Elli while I still try to figure out my own plan.

« r ; art » | @Elliana

Messages In This Thread
the first snow of winter - by Morrighan - 08-15-2020, 10:00 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Elena - 08-31-2020, 08:56 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Maeve - 09-30-2020, 09:57 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Elliana - 10-26-2020, 12:04 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Morrighan - 11-03-2020, 09:06 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Elena - 11-19-2020, 06:58 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Maeve - 12-06-2020, 10:33 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Elliana - 12-15-2020, 11:43 AM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Morrighan - 12-22-2020, 10:39 PM