Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - magnum opus

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kat [PM] Posts: 5 — Threads: 3
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

like a conqueror,
it's good to be king

She is easy to spot, the way that she is practically dancing down the cobbled streets of Terrastella’s court. I know that, whoever she is, she does not see me even though my glacial eyes scarcely leave her. Her face is turned skyward, eyes—eyes which from here I cannot discern the color of—presumably feasting upon everything that they see. The Dusk Court is known for its stone walls and archways, dark, heavy wooden doors, wrought iron detailing. In the spring and summer crawling ivy and climbing roses claim many surfaces.

I don’t blame her for looking. In fact, her awe and wonder are what draw me closer with curiosity. She may not be watching where she is going, but I certainly am. When our skin brushes together and she gracefully steps away, I am already wearing a smile. We are the same height, and looking perfectly into each other’s eyes.

Her eyes—the right is red and the left gold, like the leaves of an autumn tree.

Curling rams horns, a pair of no doubt strong and powerful wings, long, floating feathering. She is dark, like a late autumn night, but burning with points of deep gold. Though I do not know whose, I do know that she was someone’s canvas. An impeccable one, at that. I am quick to spot such effortless work.

“No apologies necessary,” I say, in that voice of mine that is a little bit cloaked, like smoke. In that voice of mine, that reverberates just a little bit in my throat. “It can be difficult to take your eyes off of something so brilliant.” I step back just slightly, as though to regard her more fully.

My eyes observe her with a carefully disguised hunger, with easily presented composure. “My name is Elliot de Clare, madam,” finally I consent to pull my gaze away from her, to turn them toward the buildings that surround us, the equines that pass by. “Is it possible that you’ve just arrived in our fine little corner of the world?”
| @Nicnevin <3

[Image: 24524934_NdnoSyT7yCLDo6m.png]
unholy, i want you to know it
and you'll be my sacrifice

Messages In This Thread
magnum opus - by Elliot - 08-26-2020, 05:46 PM
RE: magnum opus - by Nicnevin - 08-26-2020, 11:50 PM
RE: magnum opus - by Elliot - 10-10-2020, 12:59 PM
RE: magnum opus - by Nicnevin - 10-24-2020, 07:50 PM
RE: magnum opus - by Elliot - 11-02-2020, 05:59 PM