Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i cannot contain my life

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

- ✦ -

S
he looks down at the well where the man had made his wish. Although she wouldn't say, there had been many times she had tossed a coin down this same well and made many wishes. Morrighan didn't believe in many things, but somehow, those wishes had come true. However, it didn't mean they all had good endings. She's not sure she'll be trying her luck again for a while.

He smiles as he speaks of Denocte being his second home. The Regent tilts her head, wondering just how invested in their lands he had gotten (or had he lived here before she arrived?). There are many histories she does not know.

"Well, I suppose if they're that clingy to you, I don't blame you for stepping away," she replies with a small laugh. Maybe there will come a day that she can take up the mantle too, but she would make sure that everyone gave her space. People were just too exhausting.

Morrighan tries not to focus too much on the music and singing in the background. It brings back too many memories that make her heart hurt. While it's good to see others happy and dancing and all that crap, she just keeps seeing her and smelling her. The last thing she needs is to lose it in front of the Delumine sovereign, really in any shape or form.

Of course, she still finds herself following the man's gaze to the show. She has to admit the fire-dancer is pretty cool. She always admired his techniques and wanted to learn how to do that herself. Not to become an entertainer herself, but just for the hell of it (and maybe to conjure an intimidating dragon or two). But she has to force herself to look away still.

It surprises her a little that he seems so interested in how they're doing. They have never visited him and felt the same way (were they supposed to?). Antiope didn't tell her much of this, but Morrighan can't recall ever asking either. Travelling was not on her list of fun things to do.

"We're okay," she replies, maybe more nonchalant than she should be. "Not too much happening I suppose. We just had a fall festival." This small talk thing was not her forte either.

What had been in the back of her mind resurfaces again. She remembers Maeve coming home with a stranger, a bit confused but talking nonstop about all the things she had seen. She especially talked highly of Delumine and its beauty (she really wanted Morr to visit with her some day to show her, so maybe she will after all). But regardless, Maeve didn't return with Al'Zahra. When Morr asked what happened, Maeve got very quiet and sad and just said that she left. Zahra had ordered this soldier from Delumine to return their daughter home. She didn't have the guts to say goodbye to anyone.

Morr finds her anger growing so she has to bring herself back before any of her fire escapes. She lets out a deep sigh. "Thank you, by the way. I don't remember his name, but one of your soldiers brought my daughter Maeve home from your Court's festival. He made sure she was safe and for that I'm forever grateful." It's not often the Regent thanks anyone (it's usually very hard for her to set her pride aside to do that), so when she does, she definitely means it.

Then, she smiles. Another rarity.

"She couldn't stop talking about your Court. She keeps calling it Dellymean." Leave it to Maeve to soften such a fiery woman.

i've lost a part of me ; tell your friends to sharpen their teeth
« r ; art » | @Ipomoea (sorry for the sudden tense change! Not feeling 1st with Morr anymore)

Messages In This Thread
i cannot contain my life - by Ipomoea - 08-27-2020, 12:18 AM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Morrighan - 09-01-2020, 06:05 PM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Ipomoea - 09-08-2020, 09:52 PM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Morrighan - 09-26-2020, 04:56 PM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Ipomoea - 10-14-2020, 12:11 AM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Morrighan - 10-24-2020, 09:17 PM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Ipomoea - 10-31-2020, 08:47 PM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Morrighan - 11-03-2020, 09:12 PM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Ipomoea - 12-10-2020, 01:22 PM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Morrighan - 12-12-2020, 06:15 PM