Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i cannot contain my life

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

- ✦ -

M
orrighan is surprised to hear that he had been here during the fall festival. She doesn't recall seeing him around, but then again, there were many dressed in costume. Some were not so hidden, but others, maybe they chose to be that way. Perhaps if he had been wanting a break from his Court now, he felt the same before and didn't want to be recognized.

"Ah, shame we missed each other then," she says, partly trailing off. Part of her feels foolish for having missed him. Even if he doesn't seem to be making his Sovereignty a big deal, at the end of the day, he is still a King, and she would always respect that. That is, so long as he never crossed her or her Court. So far, he doesn't seem to be the kind to do so. Morr worries more about other Courts than she does with Dawn anyway, especially with how well they had treated Maeve.

Really, it had been a miracle that her daughter came back safely. Novus is a large world and full of many monsters- equine and creature alike. She could have easily been swallowed whole or captured by someone with ill intentions, but she hadn't. Thank Caligo, she hadn't.

"Me too," she says quietly, trying not to think of all the horrors that plagued her nightmares. Yes, she made mistakes when Maeve was first born, but she's not perfect. She's learned since then and she would do anything to make sure her daughter is safe and well. Truly, she owes everything to Po and his soldiers.

An adventurer- the title makes her laugh (again, it feels so unnatural but natural? There is something about speaking to this Sovereign that makes her feel like she can let her walls down without regretting it later. It's something she doesn't feel too often with anyone).

"Yeah, she doesn't get that from me," Morrighan admits, remembering all the ways her stomach twists whenever she passes through Denocte's archway. Al'Zahra had been the carefree one, the one with no limits, the adventurer. However, there is no way in hell that Morr would let Maeve follow in that woman's footsteps. "I'll be sure to let her know she's been invited again. I know she'll be excited to hear it." She pauses, but tries to hide her awkwardness. Small talk has never been her strong suit.

"Next time," she says, referring to the cider. "Maybe her and I can make a trip over to visit? You could give us a tour. I… haven't been through before." It feels strange to make the suggestion, but she just tries to think of how happy it would make Maeve. She knows how much the girl likes to see more of the world and learn about all the things in it. Just like she couldn't stop talking about how pretty Delumine was, she also kept talking about those grapes she had. Morr had to agree that they tasted pretty good (Maeve made sure to bring back a couple with her). At least this way, Maeve's next visit would not lead to her being abandoned.

For Maeve, she would do anything. Even if it meant facing her fears of leaving the safety of Denocte's borders.

i've lost a part of me ; tell your friends to sharpen their teeth
« r ; art » | @Ipomoea

Messages In This Thread
i cannot contain my life - by Ipomoea - 08-27-2020, 12:18 AM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Morrighan - 09-01-2020, 06:05 PM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Ipomoea - 09-08-2020, 09:52 PM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Morrighan - 09-26-2020, 04:56 PM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Ipomoea - 10-14-2020, 12:11 AM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Morrighan - 10-24-2020, 09:17 PM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Ipomoea - 10-31-2020, 08:47 PM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Morrighan - 11-03-2020, 09:12 PM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Ipomoea - 12-10-2020, 01:22 PM