Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i cannot contain my life

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

- ✦ -

I
magining a land that's quieter than Denocte doesn't feel right. Morrighan is so used to the sounds here that it isn't even loud to her, but anything quiet would seem way too out of place. She would probably only hear the ringing in her ears and nothing else. It would likely stress her out more than put her mind at ease. Still, for Maeve, she would make the trip and this guy didn't seem like too bad of company either.

Then, he brushes his nose against her shoulder.

For a moment, Morrighan is brought back to the spice and smoke that had been Al'Zahra. The many dances they performed together where they had caressed each others' skin and took some bites that were hard enough to draw blood. Obviously, this is nothing like that and not nearly the level of intensity, but it had just been too long since anyone had touched her. Even when Maeve nuzzles her from time to time, it sets her on edge. She has to remind herself over and over that it's okay. She does this now because it's clear this man doesn't mean anything by it other than being friendly. Still, she finds herself flinching and taking a small step back.

She clears her throat. "Thank you, we will definitely put some time aside for it," she replies, hoping to distract from her terrible reaction to all of that. "You're always welcome here too, although I'm sure Antiope has mentioned that to you before." The woman doesn't disclose much to the Regent when it comes to Court to Court matters, but as far as she can tell, Dawn is always welcome (Day, of course, she's still skeptical of).

It doesn't entirely surprise her that he mentions the quietness of the Court now. It had been much louder during their fall festival, but that has since died down. There aren't as many merchants in their markets this season, but it tended to be hard to make or sell much during the winter months. Morrighan herself sometimes preferred the comforts of her warm home than walking around the Court, but she still forced herself to do it to ensure the borders were safe.

"Yeah, we are in a bit of a lull. Seems everyone is a little tuckered out from the last festival," she guesses, although she has been wondering all that Antiope has been busy with lately. "Maybe I can suggest to Antiope that we hold a festival together next season. We can bring some of our loudness to you," she suggests, another hint of a smile on her face. Maybe it's time for Ipomoea's Court to learn why Denocte had so much fun here.

i've lost a part of me ; tell your friends to sharpen their teeth
« r ; art » | @Ipomoea

Messages In This Thread
i cannot contain my life - by Ipomoea - 08-27-2020, 12:18 AM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Morrighan - 09-01-2020, 06:05 PM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Ipomoea - 09-08-2020, 09:52 PM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Morrighan - 09-26-2020, 04:56 PM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Ipomoea - 10-14-2020, 12:11 AM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Morrighan - 10-24-2020, 09:17 PM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Ipomoea - 10-31-2020, 08:47 PM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Morrighan - 11-03-2020, 09:12 PM
RE: i cannot contain my life - by Ipomoea - 12-10-2020, 01:22 PM