Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - we are trying to grow wings [date]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 118 — Threads: 19
Signos: 20
Inactive Character

Winter arrived with a beast of a storm that lasted three days. The snow fell sideways, thicker than I knew was possible- I went out on the first day, convinced it couldn’t be that bad, and quickly realized that when I turned my head to the side I could not even see my own body. I quickly- well as quickly as I could, given the situation- made my way back to the shelter of the court, Furfur leading the way, and once back we nestled our cold, wet bodies in the warm embrace of our pack. Avesta and Foras, Isra and Eik. I was so delighted to have them back, so at peace, sometimes I almost forgot I had ever lived without them

(But I would never really forget.)

By the end of it we were all restless and snippy. I wouldn’t say we were sick of each other, but when the weather lifted we all went our own ways, at least for a little bit. Each of us treasured our solitude- the funny thing is that I think we each had a different reason..

The day the storm passed, Aunty Morrighan was busy with something... official court business or a date or something, I don’t know- it didn’t matter to me. The point is, she was busy, so Maeve and I were going to spend the day together. This wasn’t particularly eventful for us, as we often hung out. There weren’t many others my age, and although at the grand age of two I felt more adult than child, I would always take joy in Maeve’s youthful company.

(To be honest, I would not have minded being alone that afternoon, running wild with my wolf through the snow-blanketed mountains. But we had a date, and I was not about to cancel without a solid reason.)

Hey Maeve!” She was already waiting for me at the court walls. I grinned and immediately set off in a lope through the thick snow to the heart of the prairie. "C'mon!" I did not look behind, knowing that she would follow.

a s p a r a

@Maeve I figured they can make snow animals a little closer to home <3

Messages In This Thread
we are trying to grow wings [date] - by Aspara - 08-29-2020, 10:47 PM
RE: we are trying to grow wings [date] - by Maeve - 09-19-2020, 10:28 PM
RE: we are trying to grow wings [date] - by Maeve - 10-21-2020, 08:59 PM
RE: we are trying to grow wings [date] - by Maeve - 12-06-2020, 10:35 PM