Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - we are trying to grow wings [date]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

It's a new world, it's a new start
It's alive with the beating of young hearts

So often I wish I had wings. I remember Leonidas and Moira (Rory too, although his are much smaller) and just how beautiful the feathers had looked in the light. I never touched any of them, but they looked soft. Oh and the wings, they were beautiful and spanned so far. I imagine they take them both up really really high, then they can do that thing where they glide through the air and spin in a circle. If I had wings, I would do that. Rory and I could race each other in the sky. I could look down and see what he sees. I can already imagine it and it's why I don't blame him for being away so much. I think eventually Momma would miss me because I'd be up in the sky all day.

It's when Aspara is slowing down for me that I wish even more that I had wings. Even though she doesn't have them, at least I could probably fly faster than I could run. I could keep up with her, or even better, we could race. I'd be more evenly matched then.

Some day. Maybe I'll come across a magic potion that will help me grow wings.

For now, I just shake off all the snow that clung to me when I fell and catch up to Aspara. "It is! Beats being stuck in the castle listening to Momma rant about Moira," I say with a giggle at the end.

She suggests we stay here and I'm curious where she had been thinking of going before. Before I can ask, she says we should make snow animals and my face lights up with a huge grin. "Yeah!" I realize I've never done this before, but how hard could it be?

Well, the answer is very hard.

With wings and flying on my mind, I decide I want to try and make Fable out of snow. Except when I try to shape out a long dragon body, it comes out looking more like a noodle or snake (noodle snake?). I cringe as I take a step back to look at my work- it's terrible.

I feel a little sense of relief when Aspara says what I had been thinking. When I look over at her creation, it also looks like a mound of snow, although a bit smaller and fatter with the sides crumbling apart. Then I just start laughing. I can't help myself because both of our things are just that- things. Things from snow that we tried to make look like real things.

"I wonder what would happen if we asked Avesta to animate them like this. Would they turn into abominabbable snow monsters?" I don't realize I've completely butchered the word, but she'll probably figure out what I mean.

« r ; art » | @Aspara <3

Messages In This Thread
we are trying to grow wings [date] - by Aspara - 08-29-2020, 10:47 PM
RE: we are trying to grow wings [date] - by Maeve - 09-19-2020, 10:28 PM
RE: we are trying to grow wings [date] - by Maeve - 10-21-2020, 08:59 PM
RE: we are trying to grow wings [date] - by Maeve - 12-06-2020, 10:35 PM