Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i've got a dream

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Wolfy [PM] Posts: 3 — Threads: 2
Signos: 40
Inactive Character

She heard the hoof steps in the snow long before she heard the filly's voice, but for whatever reason the sudden excitement ringing in the air did cause Mercy to jump. She wasn't truly alarmed though, more just a little shocked at how loud the girl's voice carried in the calm winter breezes. Her paintbrush never wavered. After living with her loud (and usually quite angry) mother her entire life, Mercy had gotten used to jumping while painting and learned to hold the brush steady at all times.

"Hello there!" she said, almost mimicking the energy of the filly. She was actually quite happy to have a new companion, even if it wasn't planned. However after looking the child over she suddenly changed gears. The girl wasn't wearing any form of protection from the elements! While Mercy herself could handle the cold quite well for many days, surely this girl must be freezing?

"Goodness! Don't you think it's too chilly to be out here without a coat?" Mercy's words weren't scolding like a harsh mother's, but rather confused and a little concerned. She might have had a blanket big enough to cover the poor filly's shoulders, but that wasn't much....

Speaking of mothers, where were the girl's parents? Mercy looked around for a moment and felt more confusion arise. It was hard for her to believe that any mother would let her filly wander off so far in the snow. As far as she knew, all mothers were just as overly protective (er, posessive?) as her own. But then again, perhaps this filly didn't have parents to keep her locked in a room somewhere.

"Shouldn't you be with a guardian of some sort?" Now Mercy sounded a bit more adult, albeit a little reluctantly. Honestly the more she thought about it, the more she understood the filly travelling alone. She probably just wanted to explore, and Mercy wasn't going to reproach her for it. If she had had the opportunity when she was young, she would have done the same.

There were a few moments before Mercy realized she had totally ignored the young filly's question. Well, she had done enough interrogation for now, so she might as well answer the girl's questions, it was only fair. "Yes, I am painting. I thought the scenery was beautiful, and I thought it would be fitting for a painting. I try to paint as much beautiful scenery as possible. It helps me remember it more clearly." At this point the painting had been long forgotten, but Mercy's brush was still poised perfectly still in midair.

When the filly rushedly introduced herself and followed up with a new question, Mercy couldn't help but smile. Innocence was brimming from this one, but in a way that made Mercy feel renewed with childish energy rather than how some adults would feel annoyed. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Maeve. My name is Mercy, and I am new to the Night Court in some ways. I'm not a member of your land, but I hope I am able to visit it more often. This is my first time travelling here and I can already tell that your homeland is just as remarkable as they say!" Truthfully Mercy hadn't been away from home long enough to have heard any rumors about the Night Court. Honestly with her upbringing she was lucky enough to know it even existed, but that wasn't the kind of information Maeve needed to know about.

rambled a little oops - @maeve - 582 words

Messages In This Thread
i've got a dream - by Mercy - 08-30-2020, 10:21 AM
RE: i've got a dream - by Maeve - 09-26-2020, 04:18 PM
RE: i've got a dream - by Mercy - 10-10-2020, 06:03 AM
RE: i've got a dream - by Maeve - 10-25-2020, 09:28 PM