Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - grow a field of blue flowers

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 84 — Threads: 16
Signos: 525
Inactive Character

kissed my penny and threw it in
prayed to keep my soul

I
f he told her about the children in his homeland, she might have asked why?
Maybe.

Maybe not.

She might have asked if he was one of these boys, and if he reminded her of any girls.
Maybe.

Probably.

Elli peers up at the sky as she begins to walk, so sure he would follow her (is it arrogance? Or childhood ignorance? Are both sinful?). The clouds roll overhead, but the day is still bright and the sky still blue. A serene grin stretches across her lips as she blinks blue eyes, they sweep under long, innocent lashes.

When he asks his question, she turns to him, her gaze sharpens a little, blue eyes bright beneath the gentle sweep of blonde forelock (she looks like her mother here, it is in the way her jaw is set, like it may tilt into either a smile or a frown, just waiting for the right words). She twists to look up at him for a moment, searching his face before dropping her gaze to the ground, humming in her throat as she thinks. “Regrets, mostly,” she says quietly, frowning a little as she looks out, the sun warming her face. This is one of those moments, it sits there as a burden between the blades of her shoulders, that she sounds and looks far older, far wiser, than she is. The dead have done this to her, but Elli does not know a world without them, they gave her life, and so she takes it as any child does when they do not know any better—in stride.

So maybe that answers the earlier question.

Not arrogance, just petulant ignorance.

Her frown deepens as she glances up again, trying to find an answer to a problem she didn’t even understand in his bright gaze. “Things they wanted to say but never could,” she says to him, looks away, shrugs, but she dares to look up at him one more time out of the corner of her blue eye. She takes a deep breath, trying to unwrap all the pieces of a question she has never been asked before. “I think you find your moment of clarity—after.” Only after.

Does your mother know you are here? Somehow this question seems harder than the last one. “Yes,” she says, not sure if it is a lie. “We don’t live far,” she reassures. She shifts quickly, to get the attention off of herself. “If I find your friend, does that mean we get to be friends?” Because she does not know him, but she knows enough that she does not wish to let him go just yet.

@Vercingtorix elliana speaks

elliana

« ♡ »
« r »

Messages In This Thread
grow a field of blue flowers - by Elliana - 10-03-2020, 04:19 PM
RE: grow a field of blue flowers - by Elliana - 10-30-2020, 12:07 PM
RE: grow a field of blue flowers - by Elliana - 11-06-2020, 05:18 PM
RE: grow a field of blue flowers - by Elliana - 11-21-2020, 11:58 AM
RE: grow a field of blue flowers - by Elliana - 11-29-2020, 09:19 PM