Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - you wanna play god

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

elena

« ♡ »

Home isn't where the heart is. It's wherever the wind feels right.
S
he nearly collides with him, stopping in time and looking over her shoulder one last time before turning to face him. “Sorry, I was, I thought I saw something,” she is breathing hard. “And what do you think you saw?” He says reaching out to touch her shoulder. “I’m not sure. I was just scared.”

She moves out from beneath his touch. “And you didn't stay to find out?” He asks “No, I just ran,” she spits back at him. “Not everyone can be as fearless as you.”

“You assume I am fearless. And what makes a person fearless, Elena?” He asks and for the first time she does not recoil at the sound of her name on his tongue. She grows quiet as there is movement in the trees and the shadows turn ugly. Elena moves instinctively towards him, slinking into his chest, finding herself fitting beneath his chin in much the same way she had with another man that she says she still loves even if she doesn't believe it. She is so close to him, the first time she has truly touched him like this and she feels how truly dead he is, the way he chills her skin. Her body is steady but inside she shakes with a coldness she cant explain. She wants to move away, convinces herself that is what she wants, what makes sense, but suddenly finds that she can’t.

So she doesn’t. Instead, she stares up at him with eyes of fire, enough to thaw death a hundred times over. “It’s looking into the eyes of a monster—and staying all the same.”

Elena has a childhood of monsters. But they did not follow her over to Novus (it is a blessing that they should never know Frostbane, Ostere, or Tunnel). But she is not so free, for monsters can be created any where, by anyone.

A wind comes of the sea smelling of salt and clean clear air. He looks at her and she knows she should just leave him, she should, but his words are like hooks. “Maybe because I was not expecting such a cold morning,” she says with narrowed blue eyes. It is unfair of Elena to assume, to act this way, but ice has never brought with it any good, any kindness, she would not expect such things today.

“If within reason,” Elena says coolly. “And intentions are pure,” The Champion tells him. “Can I expect as much from you?” She asks, hardly blinking for there lurks fear beneath that golden sunshine skin of hers. And then. “I thought ice thawed in the spring.”

@Amaroq elena speaks
« r »

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
you wanna play god - by Elena - 10-25-2020, 10:46 PM
RE: you wanna play god - by Amaroq - 11-13-2020, 09:22 PM
RE: you wanna play god - by Elena - 12-05-2020, 11:02 PM
RE: you wanna play god - by Amaroq - 12-18-2020, 10:30 PM