Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - up above the world so high [flower festival]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mephisto

Mephisto
dusk court spy

A
s he opens the door to her tower, Mephisto turns to the disruption, her shrewd eyes falling over his frame.  They are not unkind in their study, merely curious as they take in the red of his coat, the ruddy antlers emerging from his crown, the spectacles balanced on his nose.  She offers him a smile, warmer than her usual demeanor, appreciative of the quiet approach of a scholar.  The disruption could have just as easily been lovers seeking an escape, or worse, a boisterous child.  But she welcomed Septimus into her bubble of silent observance with little more than a shift in position.

They gaze over the land, exchanging pleasantries while their eyes feasted on the many beauties of Spring.  "Mephisto.” she offers. "You’ve been here before…?” she murmurs quietly, "It is good that you have returned to our festival then, for Terrestella always welcomes the scholars of Delumine to our land.  I am a soldier for Marisol’s Halcyon army,” she offers without expanding on the unit’s purpose or her true nature as a spy for their land.  "but the Court has always valued knowledge and healing more than war.  It is good to find the lands at peace with one another, to break bread with our neighbors and build alliances.”

For though she served to protect their land, Mephisto had never been one with a taste for battle.  She stood in defense of their kingdom more than offense, seldom involving herself in the politics and squabbles of man.  Instead, she stood for their freedom and their safety, fighting for the elders who couldn’t or the innocent children who relied upon their defenses.  She appreciated the relative quiet and calm these days.  Peace was always more welcome than war – for those in Novus had enough to deal with, from the whims of their gods and magic.

"There is much to see,” the warg muses as she takes in the intricacies of the view.  "I, for one, like to frequent the sea cliffs.  There is nothing quiet like the sunset as it stains the ocean waves.  The view cannot be better, particularly for those who can fly above it.”

Turning to him, she shifts the conversation to being the inquisitive seeker rather than the welcomer, curious to know more from the stranger and his land.  "What is worth seeing in Delumine?  I must admit… I haven’t had as much time to explore as I’d like.  I have heard that your court is hosting a fire festival now, and plan to explore it for myself.  I have heard rumors too, of a great library and a vibrant garden?

@Mephisto | "speaks" | @Septimus
rallidae

Messages In This Thread
up above the world so high [flower festival] - by Mephisto - 10-29-2020, 07:33 AM
RE: up above the world so high [flower festival] - by Mephisto - 11-04-2020, 04:25 AM
RE: up above the world so high [flower festival] - by Mephisto - 11-08-2020, 02:46 PM