Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - up above the world so high [flower festival]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 79 — Threads: 19
Signos: 440
Inactive Character

AND I RAN BACK TO THAT HOLLOW AGAIN / THE MOON WAS JUST A SLIVER BACK THEN / AND I ACHED FOR MY HEART LIKE SOME TIN MAN

He feels a bit bad for interrupting her, but, if she is bothered, it doesn’t much show on her face; he is content to settle at her side and look out at the flowers, deciding that she seems the type to tell him if his presence were to upset her.

She introduces herself, then. “A pleasure to meet you, Mephisto,” he says, genuinely. “I’ve been here a few times, but I’ve never stayed for very long.” She tells him that she is a soldier in Queen Marisol’s Halcyon (he’s heard of the group of elite pegasi soldiers, but he’s never actually met one before now, and he takes note of it accordingly), and she speaks of how glad she is that Novus is at peace; he gives a nod of his head in agreement. “I’m no native to these lands, but I agree wholeheartedly; I’ve been to lands of constant warfare, and the people were always miserable.” Of course, there was the trouble in Solterra not too long ago, but that did not last forever – he has seen many war-ravaged lands, and, though he has grown rather used to mortals dying in his many years of wandering, those were always the most depressing by far. It was one thing to die; it was another, he thinks, to die miserable.

Mephisto tells him of her favorite view in Terrastella. He draws his gaze back from the window again, looking over at her. “That sounds beautiful,” he admits. “I’ve missed the sea, and the cliffs here are certainly striking.” He’d been too busy with the festival to spend much time with them, and they are crowded right now besides; but the idea of slipping down to them when they are a bit less crowded and watching the waves for a while, perhaps when the sun sets, sounds appetizing to him. There is a coast in Delumine, but it's not quite the same, not to mention that he spends more of his time in the woods and the fields.

When she asks him about Delumine, his expression turns thoughtful, and he tilts his head with a clink of bright green gemstones. “Oh, there’s quite a few beautiful things to see. The fire festival is lovely – I’d certainly recommend visiting it.” He nods, then. “The library is striking; it’s composed entirely of living, carved trees. I suppose that it must be enchanted somehow, because they’ve been carved, but they certainly aren’t dead. There are lanterns hung from the branches, and rows upon rows of shelves. It’s almost like being indoors, but sometimes you catch a glance of a branch sticking out or an odd bit of trunk, and you realize that you’re in a forest instead. And the gardens are absolutely lovely…especially from above. Delumine is known for its flowers, and, I have to say, they certainly live up to their reputation.” He’d been told that the sovereign had plant-related magic, but he imagines that most of the court’s beauty is natural; besides, he has never met Ipomoea.

He barely knows her, but Septimus has always been inclined towards friendliness. Flashing her a grin, he adds, “If you decide to stay a while when you visit the festival, and you’d like to see the sights…I’d happily show you around.”

@Mephisto || <3 ||
Speech

@

AND RARELY, IF THE WOOD ACCEPTS THE BLADE WITHOUT CONDITIONS
the two pieces keep their balance in spite of the blow

please tag Septimus! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Messages In This Thread
up above the world so high [flower festival] - by Mephisto - 10-29-2020, 07:33 AM
RE: up above the world so high [flower festival] - by Mephisto - 11-04-2020, 04:25 AM
RE: up above the world so high [flower festival] - by Septimus - 11-07-2020, 09:11 PM
RE: up above the world so high [flower festival] - by Mephisto - 11-08-2020, 02:46 PM