Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - a flower for your thoughts [festival]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

i'm up against these things i can't see ;
they don't compare ; make me believe, make me believe

As
much as I had fun playing in the snow last season, I’m happy that all the snow has almost completely melted away. It brings a different smell to the world and I like it a lot better than the frosty-ness of winter. For the last few weeks, I’ve been noticing the new buds on the trees and have been watching the plants slowly sprouting from the ground. I especially love looking at the way the ferns are slowly unfurling in the woods. They look really cute (is that weird to say about a plant?) and I can’t wait to see everything once it’s all fully bloomed.

It all helps me forget what happened on the island even for a little. I haven’t told Momma yet (I don’t know how), but I know I’ll have to tell her eventually. I’ve seen the embers spark a few more times now so it’s only a matter of time that she’ll find out… or worse, something serious will happen. I really hope not.

So I’m grateful that she had Tenebrae bring me to the Dusk festival today. Unfortunately, Shadow Man is now blind so she had Bram go with us just in case. I know Momma is worried for me and she knows how I tend to like going off to explore. I know better now after the island, but I didn’t fight her on it. I like having Bram’s company, even if it’s more to keep an eye on me where Tenebrae can’t.

I look at the man now and I feel sorry for him. I don’t know what happened and Momma didn’t tell me, so I’m not sure if it’s too terrible for me to ask. He seems different since and I’ve noticed scars along his body that I don’t remember seeing before. It makes me wonder if the island might’ve gotten to him too but treated him worse than it did to me.

Maybe this trip will help us both then.

When we arrive in Terrastella, my jaw drops. There are tulips everywhere! I don’t know how someone had the patience to plant them all unless maybe someone had magic like Po did. Still, it’s so beautiful and it all almost looks like a soft bed of flowers for me to lay on. I’m tempted to do that, but I also don’t want to ruin them. (Part of me is scared too that my embers will come again and I’ll burn them all down. I look at Bram and he nuzzles my side. I think he knows).

I’m about to nudge Tenebrae and talk about how beautiful it all is, but then I remember- he can’t see them. I frown.

"I wish you could see this. Can you smell them all?" I ask, hoping his other senses might still work and articulate the beauty of all this. I notice a deep purple tulip that almost looks black and carefully pluck it. I bring it to Ten and gently touch his side with the flower in my mouth. "Here, I picked the best one for you. It’s dark, just like your shadows, Shadow Man."

Next to me, Bram sneezes from all the pollen in the air. I start giggling.

« r ; art »

@Tenebrae <3

Messages In This Thread
a flower for your thoughts [festival] - by Maeve - 11-02-2020, 09:56 PM
RE: a flower for your thoughts [festival] - by Maeve - 11-12-2020, 12:43 AM
RE: a flower for your thoughts [festival] - by Maeve - 11-21-2020, 11:51 PM
RE: a flower for your thoughts [festival] - by Maeve - 11-29-2020, 10:29 PM
RE: a flower for your thoughts [festival] - by Maeve - 12-13-2020, 09:33 PM