Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - a flower for your thoughts [festival]

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

i'm up against these things i can't see ;
they don't compare ; make me believe, make me believe

T
here has never been a time where I've seen this many flowers in a field before. Even the meadows in Delumine didn't seem to have this many. They seem to go on forever and ever. Some are clustered together by color and other spots seem to form different patterns. It's all so beautiful and I wish I had a way to remember it forever. I guess for now I'll just have to take it all in and make these memories I'll try to hold on to.

When Ten takes the flower I picked for him, I can tell he likes it as he brings his nose to the petals. He wants me to describe all this to him and I'm not sure I have all the words to do it right. I want to try though because he deserves that much. If he can at least imagine it, maybe that will be good enough. It's a lot of pressure.

"Every color you can ever think of is here as a flower. They're all over the field, as far as you can see. I can barely see the ground, there's just so many! They're just lightly dancing from the wind and don't seem to mind us stepping all around them," I say, hoping it's enough for him to picture it. I hope someday he can get his sight back and maybe I could make it all up to him for all that he's missing. I don't know how, but I could try.

His question is a hard one for me to answer. Honestly, they're all my favorite (except maybe the cluster of firey colors that look like the flowers have formed a bonfire). I look at another deep purple tulip and settle on that one. "The one I gave you, I think. It's just really pretty. I want you to keep it though," I try to make sure it's clear. Just because I like it, doesn't mean I need to have the flower for myself. He deserves a pretty gift.

My eyes light up when he suggests making a crown. "Yeah!" I tell him, hardly containing my excitement. I've seen some girls wear them before, but never knew how they were made. I felt too silly asking, so I never did. Bram offers a yellow tulip to get started and I gladly take it, then give him a kiss on the cheek.

I start to gather some more flowers near me, but don't do anything to them yet. "How do we make one? Is it hard?" I ask, although I think no matter how hard it is, I'll still try. Momma is missing out on too much here so I definitely want to bring something back to show her. Maybe she'd want to wear it too. I like sharing things with her. She's always doing so much for me, so it seems to be the least I can do for her.

« r ; art »

@Tenebrae <3

Messages In This Thread
a flower for your thoughts [festival] - by Maeve - 11-02-2020, 09:56 PM
RE: a flower for your thoughts [festival] - by Maeve - 11-12-2020, 12:43 AM
RE: a flower for your thoughts [festival] - by Maeve - 11-21-2020, 11:51 PM
RE: a flower for your thoughts [festival] - by Maeve - 11-29-2020, 10:29 PM
RE: a flower for your thoughts [festival] - by Maeve - 12-13-2020, 09:33 PM