Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - but what of his love?

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

It's always a matter, isn't it, of waiting for the world to come unraveled? When things hold together, it's always only temporary

I
can feel every emotion that courses through you,” she says, she wants to sound threatening, but she sounds compassionate. He turns away from her touch and she allows him to. It was like the butterfly Elli caught. When it started to flutter away, they let it, you cannot hold things that are not part of you.

Although—

Vercingtorix is no butterfly.

Vercingtorix.

He had given her his name, nay, thrown it, tossed it on the ground at her feet, and here she is, picking it up and dusting it off, to hold it carefully to her chest. Elena cannot decide if the lie should have continued or not. There is power in names, this she has learned.

Her breath catches in her throat, caught as if her voice is a wayward songbird, enveloped by the iron rods that keep her caged – and her bright eyes watch his every facial expression, as if she would need such clues to know what he is feeling. “Your creature,” she cannot begin to express how she feels about what he had done to them. Instead she looks out at the window. She can picture it behind the clouds, behind the storm. As it looms towards the ocean, the sunlight kisses the ocean, lovers holding each other after such a long day. It extends far beyond Elena’s eyesight. Scarlet, orange, and yellow smear across the water’s surface and paints the world in shades of sunset.

“No, Elena. I don’t think we are.” And her bones start to shake inside her body, her blood runs like ice. She realizes then that this is not herself, this is not her. She has come to recognize the foreign emotions of others in her body, they always feel either too sharp or too full, but this one is like a dagger in her shoulder. Not enough to pierce her heart, but she it still shudders a chill behind her eyes. “I told you Torix,” she says turning to him now, coming to stand, leaning against the wall of her home. “I can feel every one of you emotions,” she says, shooting her eyes like blue flames in his direction. “So tell me the story behind them.”

@Vercingtorix
Code by rallidae
picture by cannon

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
but what of his love? - by Vercingtorix - 11-03-2020, 09:50 PM
RE: but what of his love? - by Elena - 11-05-2020, 08:47 PM
RE: but what of his love? - by Vercingtorix - 11-05-2020, 10:24 PM
RE: but what of his love? - by Elena - 11-07-2020, 06:12 PM