Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - curiosity killed the cat {festival/writing contest}

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pravda

THE PRICE OF ANYTHING
IS THE AMOUNT OF LIFE YOU EXCHANGE FOR IT

Pravda’s curiosity has been piqued by Terrastella’s noble families; the artists and scholars. He had been promised an audience at the De Clare’s estate, but they had cancelled last second. As a result, he found himself returning irritably to Delumine. He might have made it, if not for the displaced otter. 

Oliver finds him walking leisurely through the chest-high grass. At first, Pravda starts—he does not expect to see a wild animal so bold. It takes him a moment to discern that, perhaps, the creature is not wild at all—but someone’s Bonded. 

He might have continued on if not for the animal’s strange behavior. He incessantly leaps upon Pravda’s legs; until the stallion glances down and pays him greater mind. At that point, he turns sharply and begins to bound through the tall, thick grass. Pravda might have turned away, if not for the way the otter glanced back to see if he were following. 

Prigovora, meanwhile, cuts through the grass as surely as a scythe behind him. Pravda mentally restrains the raptor from making a meal of the other animal—the two of them walk side-by-side after Oliver until they happen upon Pan, among his basket of scattered flowers beneath the shade of several trees.  

“Oh,” Pravda exclaims, rather grimly. “Oh, my. Do you know what you touched? Did you eat it?” The other looks exceedingly young, and normal save for his behavior. 

Prigovora has sharpened considerably; he stares at Pan with ravenous eyes, but Pravda steps forward, blocking the raptor’s view. “I’m Pravda—please, let me help you. But I have to know what it is that's doing this.” 

Pravda attempts to discern from he muted leaves and flowers left in the dirt; but he is not familiar with the area. The mere thought of reaching the hospital is daunting. The symptoms seem vaguely familiar, as if he has read something on them. Perhaps it is the adrenaline getting the best of him, but Pravda cannot call to mind the name of what it may be. 

"Speech." || @Pan

CREDITS|| Avis

Messages In This Thread
RE: curiosity killed the cat {festival/writing contest} - by Pravda - 11-04-2020, 10:39 PM