Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - hearts like wildflowers [festival]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

— the fire healer —

It's been fun spending a little more time in Terrastella. The Dawn soldier guy and I went through here on the way home in the Fall, but I don't feel like I truly was able to experience it. I think I still like Delumine more, but there are still special things about this place too. For one, I can tell why they might like the dusk so much as I watch the sun set and paint all different colors across the sky. It's so pretty, especially when looking out at the cliffs.

I've been enjoying this tulip festival that Tenebrae and Bram brought me to. Shadow Man and I put together a flower crown for me to wear, which sits on my head now. It has all different colored tulips woven into it that it reminds me of a rainbow. It keeps shifting and covering my eyes a little though, so I have to adjust it sometimes. I think it looks good on me (better than phoenix flames, I think, although I still appreciate Leo's painting).

I left Tenebrae behind to walk around for a little while. I felt bad with him being blind and all, but he was with some others he knew so it seemed he'd be okay while Bram and I go. The timber wolf hasn't left my side since we got here, but I don't blame him. The island did a number on all of us. I still notice him limping when he thinks I'm not looking and I feel sorry for him. Him and Momma got attacked pretty bad trying to save me.

Anyway, there are better things for me to be thinking about. I keep trying to stop my brain from going back to those darker moments (my nightmares do enough to remind me of it anyway), so I focus now on the field of tulips. I pick a bright yellow flower that's fully bloomed and tuck it behind Bram's ear. I know it probably won't stay there long and I can't help but giggle as I look at him. He looks adorable, although his expression clearly shows his disapproval. Honestly, it just makes me laugh more.

Suddenly, his ears perk up and he's looking straight past me. I follow his gaze and notice a red fox sniffing around in the flowers. At first, I don't move because I've never seen one before. It's so pretty looking with its amber colored coat and fluffy tail. I wonder if it's come for the festival too?

Then I bound over to it, smiling ever so brightly, my face quickly turns to a frown when the fox bolts. "Wait, no! Come back! I didn't mean to scare you!" I call after it, although it probably can't understand a word I'm saying.

I try to run as fast as I can, but the fox is much faster than me. It's not until Bram catches up to me that I stop chasing it. "But… he was cute… and seemed friendly at least," I tell Bram and he just shakes his head at me. I know I shouldn't run off too far, but I can't help but get a little carried away sometimes.

When I hear a familiar voice, it makes me forget about missing out on meeting a fox.

"Po!" I shout and start to run again, but at least this time it's to meet a friend. I can hear Bram sigh and start running again to catch up with me (poor wolf).

"Speaking."
credits

@Ipomoea <3

Messages In This Thread
hearts like wildflowers [festival] - by Maeve - 11-06-2020, 10:37 PM
RE: hearts like wildflowers [festival] - by Ipomoea - 11-21-2020, 08:27 PM
RE: hearts like wildflowers [festival] - by Maeve - 11-29-2020, 10:27 PM
RE: hearts like wildflowers [festival] - by Ipomoea - 11-30-2020, 11:12 PM
RE: hearts like wildflowers [festival] - by Maeve - 12-13-2020, 08:37 PM
RE: hearts like wildflowers [festival] - by Ipomoea - 12-27-2020, 12:05 AM