Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - in my field of paper flowers [festival]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Solstice

S O L S T I C E
and at last i see the light, and it's like the fog has lifted
She walks along the flowers as if she is born to do so, wearing a floral crown upon her head and a smile upon her face.  At her side, the blooms seem to part and let her through, and she brushes them tenderly with the tips of her wings, purring with contentment as she passes.  Above her, the sun shines brightly onto Terrestella’s festival, and she tilts her face toward its warmth to soak in the rays, wanting the days like this to last forever.  For Spring was Solstice’s favorite time of year, a time of rebirth and renewed hope as the chill of winter faded to the bustle of new life.  And she wanted to take it all in.

Around her, there were children with their baskets, gathering flowers as they went.  Some were hasty, in a race to find as many colored blooms as they could and move onto the next activity.  Others took their time, carefully selecting the most perfect of colors, with petals that unfurled just-so.  She called out to them in a sing-song voice, offering the youngest child a chance to peruse her own basket, picking a couple of flowers before offering a sheepish smile and gallivanting off to join her peers.  It was a time of great peace, and though it was the first time Solstice had left the comforts of Delumine, she felt a strange pull of adventure and courage which egged her onward.

“Hello,”  She offered to a stranger who approached, much bolder than her usual demeanor.  A smile stretches wide across her face as she bows her head, sending ombre curls cascading in front of her golden gaze.  “Happy Spring to you!”  It was a simple greeting, but a friendly one, as her stomach twists in knots, wondering if her words would be met with equal friendship or welcome.  For the mare is as unsure as a child, nervous at how the world would see her.  For some, she would be a naïve sort of dreamer, for others a lost and frightened soul.  But the beauty of Novus with its wild magics and foreign gods, is that Solstice could be anyone she wanted, left to her own freedom of choice and whimsy.  

So today, she plays the bold, waiting with baited breath to meet the other who stood before her, desperately wanting to fit in with the crowd.

― @any

Messages In This Thread
in my field of paper flowers [festival] - by Solstice - 11-07-2020, 03:36 PM
RE: in my field of paper flowers [festival] - by Solstice - 11-12-2020, 05:53 AM
RE: in my field of paper flowers [festival] - by Solstice - 11-20-2020, 06:17 AM
RE: in my field of paper flowers [festival] - by Solstice - 12-10-2020, 07:39 AM