Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - she's a little explosion of hope

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

It's always a matter, isn't it, of waiting for the world to come unraveled? When things hold together, it's always only temporary

S
ometimes the best way to punish your enemies is to take away what they love most.’ The undead man had said to her, his eyes glowing red. ‘Is that what you intend to do with me?’ She asks, but doesn't ask, am I the thing someone loves most, or am I the thing you are going to take away from? What does she love most? The answer is simple: Elliana, her daughter. But, who loves her most? Not Lilli, she cant blame her though, Lilli has her children now. Not Azrael, how could he? After the betrayal. And not Tenebrae—not Tenebrae.

Blue eyes watch the mare as magic gathers under her skin. Chaos. She was utter chaos. It reminds her of the War of Windskeep, of the volcano in Tephra, of the feeling of tumbling through the air before you hit the water. Chaos.

She stares at the sky for a moment, letting herself study the clouds and the way they curve and shape themselves against the sunset sky. She and Lilli used to cloud gaze, created castles and kingdoms, with dragons flying by. (“Are dragons real?” A red haired filly had asked. “Of course they are.” A golden girl had answered.) She almost loses herself in the dying light, her mind drifting to things she shouldn't think about, that fill her heart for an instant, before sending it plummeting back down to earth.

“How can you be sure?” Elena asks her, and the way her blue eyes look at her, is with genuine curiosity. She has learned through all the pain in her life that nothing is guaranteed. Because there was a time once when she could not see the sunsets or the twilight or the day.

The empath can feel the nerve her words struck as easily as if it were her own. “I unsettled you,” she points out to her. She too can feel that restraint, like ropes tied around her to keep her grounded and Elena offers her a smile at the effort. “Then do not show me,” she offers gently, reading into the woman’s emotions, waiting for anymore unsettlement. 'Like a rabid coyote.' She associates her with the idea. Grace and ease is how to handle them. It was how she watched Valerio when one made its way into the ancient valley on a crisp autumn afternoon. “But tell me.”

@Amaunet
Code by rallidae
picture by cannon

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
she's a little explosion of hope - by Elena - 11-07-2020, 04:32 PM
RE: she's a little explosion of hope - by Amaunet - 11-11-2020, 07:43 PM
RE: she's a little explosion of hope - by Elena - 11-30-2020, 02:02 PM
RE: she's a little explosion of hope - by Amaunet - 11-30-2020, 11:38 PM