Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - she'll kiss your neck with no emotion

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

some women fear the fire
some simply become it

She feels angry, but there is a lot of uncertainty as well. Her and Katniss had never known each other well. It had been Isra, not Antiope, who appointed her Champion and, like Moira, there had to be something she saw in the woman. She had to be a skilled fighter, but she's not sure if that could be it. As headstrong as Morrighan can be, she would not want to abandon her Court and family to take on something alone. Even though she preferred doing things herself, there would be too many things she'd be putting at risk if she were to abandon it all to fight something or someone.

But Katniss saw things differently. She claims she didn't want to abandon her son, hitting Morr with a "as a mother you should understand" bit that makes her jaw clench. She can't think of any scenario right now that would involve abandoning Maeve for any good reason though.

“If someone threatened your daughter, would you do anything to protect her?”

This too doesn't register in her brain as a reason to leave. "I would do anything for Maeve, but I'm certain I would never leave her. That would do more harm than good," she says, a roughness to her tone. Perhaps if her fire ever got out of control and she was a danger to everyone, but she doesn't foresee that ever happening. Her magic is nothing like what it used to be and she has a better handle on it.

When she gets to more of the story at last, the Sovereign is watching Katniss carefully. She sees the way she sighs, yet seems stiff or perhaps numb to what did happen. It had been a family issue of sorts and one the mare didn't expect to have to handle for so long. When she mentions her half siblings wanted to threaten Denocte, this sets Morrighan on edge. There has been peace among the Courts ever since Raum was killed, so for there to be any possibility of danger makes her feel tense. Especially since she hadn't been aware of it until now.

Even when Katniss says they have been dealt with, it doesn't make her feel much better. How could she know for sure? Morr doesn't know who they are to feel comforted that one single woman can eliminate them as a threat. The way she's described them, they could still be out there and a danger to them all. Really, Morr is not convinced at all.

"I wish you had sent a letter to let us know, even at the very least to say you were okay, or to let your son know," she says once Katniss is finished. She has nothing more to offer-- it's a bit disappointing, but Morr supposes it's better than no explanation at all. "I'm still concerned about these siblings of yours, so I would like a more thorough explanation soon so I can let the guards know to be on the lookout for them. For now, I guess, you can get settled in." It's clear in her tone how difficult it is to move forward with this. There are too many holes and loose ends for her to feel comfortable that this is just all over. It would likely take time for her to simply trust Katniss' word and maybe it would be the same for her in trusting Morrighan as her new Sovereign.

"Maybe a trip to the medics first," she adds, noticing again the rough shape that the woman is in. The Champion is not Moira, so part of her wants to try and give her a chance, even if there is still a lot of skepticism.

"Speaking."

@Katniss

Messages In This Thread
RE: she'll kiss your neck with no emotion - by Morrighan - 11-08-2020, 12:17 PM
RE: she'll kiss your neck with no emotion - by Morrighan - 11-25-2020, 11:27 PM
RE: she'll kiss your neck with no emotion - by Morrighan - 12-12-2020, 12:08 AM
RE: she'll kiss your neck with no emotion - by Morrighan - 12-22-2020, 10:36 PM