Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - generosity's my enemy

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

He brings the mug of coffee to his lips, sipping it lightly as he relishes the flavor. He had once been an individual who liked all things as they should be; where a horse only ate grass and drank water. Novus had changed him over the years, though. No longer did he sleep beneath the stars but in the quietness of a shack. His body would lay in a bed of straw, kept warm by a fire that flickered in a fireplace. And to think that now he enjoyed the flavors of Novus! Coffee and danishes were amongst his favorites, though his pallet had been growing each day.

As she comes to stand beside him, he swallows the last sip  of his coffee before tucking the mug back in the satchel that hands loosely along his shoulder. He nods quietly at her comment of this place’s beauty, finally turning so that he may lay his eyes on her. He’s seen her before, though he doesn’t recall a formal meeting. He offers her a welcoming smile, one that tells her he is not upset that she has come to stand beside him.

He sighs, his chest heaving with breath that creates a smoke. He listens thoughtfully to her words and it brings a smile to his lips. "I could die a happy man to only be able to see this view." This had always been a favorite place of his. It was a place to feel his connection to Brighton, to feel as if he was meant to be in this world. It was his place of idle conversation that seemed to hold the most meaning. This was the place where he had made so many friends – Atlas, Erd, Ard, and Asterion. So many pleasant memories clung to this very spot on the cliffs.

He turns to look at the tree just beside him, that he had planted and raised. The tree clings to the rocks in an unearthly manner. It was Rhone who had given its roots the ability to hold tight to the rock and sandstone. It was Rhone who had breathed life into it and it was Rhone who made it blossom now. This tree was growing each and every day and seemed to defeat the odds. Each morning Rhone would encourage it to grow taller, to produce life. He was happy with this tree.

He turns back to the mare now, his eyes scanning her and then giving her a proper welcoming greeting. "I come here each and every morning. I’m surprised our paths have not crossed as of yet." He is an old man, however. It is possible he just cannot remember the meeting. Blame his aging mind. But despite his age, his joints do not ache like most. Instead of walking the path of life towards death, Rhone feels as though he has so much more life to live.

@Mephisto

Messages In This Thread
generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 11-08-2020, 08:43 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 11-08-2020, 10:25 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 11-19-2020, 04:35 PM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 11-20-2020, 08:07 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 12-05-2020, 09:18 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 12-07-2020, 07:56 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 12-16-2020, 09:51 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 01-01-2021, 03:10 PM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 01-01-2021, 10:07 PM