Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - generosity's my enemy

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mephisto

Mephisto
dusk court spy

I
could die a happy man to only be able to see this view.  She smiles, understanding the sentiment well… for Mephisto had often thought the same, wandering along the cliffs when the sun was setting low in the sky or rising to its place of prominence in the morning.  There was just something about the glow of dusk against the water which brought a sense of peace and serenity to her, and Mephisto relished in the quiet moments where she could steal away and simply feel at one with nature.  It afforded the dark Pegasus opportunity to steal away from the others and reflect in the quiet, away from the bustle of the day.  Her mind needed the rest, needed the solace which came from simply watching as the world grew still behind her.

I come here each and every morning. I’m surprised our paths have not crossed as of yet.  His words draw Mephisto from her place of reflection, and she offers the man a rare and quiet smile.  "I am rarely a creature of routine… especially of late.”  She doesn’t dwell on the curiosity of her words – for how could one explain the magic which twisted and boiled within her, turning her into something else.  The magic had stolen from her a sense of privacy, coming on at awkward and inopportune times, leaving her defenseless and without a way to keep her mind sharp to her surroundings.  So Mephisto had stolen away, hidden herself from society until she had come to understand the strange newness of her gift.  Now, it was still a wild and unpredictable thing, but one which had begun to take on some order and balance, one which she was beginning to understand, if not embrace.

"I am called Mephisto, a warrior in Marisol’s Halcyon army.  Most mornings, you can find us training at the Barracks… there’s not often a morning where I can escape to wander and enjoy the scenery.  But, I come at dusk.  If you haven’t seen the way the sun sets against these cliffs, you must… it’s a truly breathtaking sight.”  She sighs whimsically, settling easily beside the earth elementalist, peering at the grass beneath their feet which seemed to pull toward him as if driven by some magnetic force.

Instead of questioning the strange behavior of the fauna around them, she drives the conversation toward more personal questions of her acquaintance.  "Have you been here long, in Terrestella?”

@Mephisto | "speaks" | @Rhone
rallidae

Messages In This Thread
generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 11-08-2020, 08:43 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 11-08-2020, 10:25 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 11-19-2020, 04:35 PM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 11-20-2020, 08:07 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 12-05-2020, 09:18 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 12-07-2020, 07:56 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 12-16-2020, 09:51 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 01-01-2021, 03:10 PM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 01-01-2021, 10:07 PM