Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - generosity's my enemy

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

Routine. It seemed as though Rhone had always been a creature of habit, always enjoying the simplicity of doing the same thing each and every day. He always knew where his day would start and where it would end. Some found this life boring, but as of late, Rhone found it soothing. His life had been so unpredictable and often stressful at times. There was something relaxing about not having to worry about where his next meal would be, if he would be a good king or a bad, or if his children loved or hated him. Right now, he could simply survive and it was enough for him. Perhaps it would lose its luster, but for now, Rhone would take the peace and tranquility that his routine offered him.

When she states that she is rarely a creature of routine, especially in this day and age, Rhone offers her a soft chuckle. He knows that feeling. He knows that life all too well. "I did not used to be a creature of habit. But after many years, the unpredictability got to me. There’s something comforting in a much slower, more predictable lifestyle." Would he go back in time to an era where unpredictability ruled his every thought and motion? Yes. He regretted many things in his life and there were so many things he wished he could change. He wished he was a better lover. He wished he was a better father. He wished he had been a better king. If he had to trade in this tranquil life for a second chance, he would do so in a heart beat.

Mephisto. He had heard of her before, if only by means of others. It was nice to be able to put a face to a name and he made sure to align the two, locking them away deep within his mind for safe keeping. He would not forget her so long as his mind remained intact. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mephisto. I am Rhone." Many knew of who he was, but he was really no one important. He was not a soldier like she was, although he had once been a soldier. He lacked the appendages the Halcyon army required, and so he hung up his sword in favor of a more diplomatic approach.

As she speaks of the sunset, he nods his head in understanding. He had seen the sunset over Terrastella before, but he didn’t think he had ever seen it from this vantage point. "I will make sure to enjoy it here from time to time." He supposed he could spare the time to make the trek up here. Where else did he really have to be? Nowhere. He was required to be nowhere nor was his required to be in anyone’s presence. Yes, he would make sure to visit a few sunsets.

And then she is asking him how long he’s been here in Terrastella. He wasn’t sure he really knew exactly how long. Perhaps it had been one winter or three, not that he was really keeping track. "Three or so years, I believe. I don’t really keep track anymore." He had come shortly after the floods, whenever they had decimated the court. "I came shortly after Terrastella was reopened following the floods. I helped to plan the grass and trees and flowers." His affinity for earth had come in handy more than he could have ever imagined. It was in that moment that he thanked Brighton for his gifts. He had been able to help his court rebuild following devastation. "And you?" Had she been here as long as he? Longer? Shorter? It was a curious question and he made sure that his eyes were on her fully, giving her his full attention. It wasn’t nice to be rude, now was it?

@Mephisto

Messages In This Thread
generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 11-08-2020, 08:43 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 11-08-2020, 10:25 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 11-19-2020, 04:35 PM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 11-20-2020, 08:07 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 12-05-2020, 09:18 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 12-07-2020, 07:56 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 12-16-2020, 09:51 AM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Mephisto - 01-01-2021, 03:10 PM
RE: generosity's my enemy - by Rhone - 01-01-2021, 10:07 PM